Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio DVD Creator Interesting Observation  (Read 9724 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Audio DVD Creator Interesting Observation
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 03:44:56 PM »
I use it because
- it is $60 less than the least expensive DVDA authoring software (excluding the newer OSS stuff that is still in alpha)
- although I have a DVDA capable player, many people do not and I want wider compatability especially for the stuff I give away
- based on what I've read about wavelab and discwelder here, audio DVD creator is much much easier to use.

agree with this wholeheartedly....the ease of use is significant imo as well

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 03:47:06 PM »
touche. i know the wavelab learning curve was steep at first as noone showed me i had to figure it out myself. and yes i have a *demo* copy. i dont have anyone locally who has 24bit playback capability, so i never run in to that.

mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 03:55:32 PM »
is there a demo version of audio dvd creator??i dont want to spend money on something that my brain cant comprehend..

Yes.  An unregistered version has some limitations, such as the number of tracks but will allow you to author audio DVDs.

i know nothing of audio dvd creator other than people simply use this for compatabilty of their dvd-a players.

I use it because
- it is $60 less than the least expensive DVDA authoring software (excluding the newer OSS stuff that is still in alpha)
- although I have a DVDA capable player, many people do not and I want wider compatability especially for the stuff I give away- based on what I've read about wavelab and discwelder here, audio DVD creator is much much easier to use. 

Does that mean that you can create discs with it that can be played on a normal dvd player??

Teddy

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »
Does that mean that you can create discs with it that can be played on a normal dvd player??

yes

Ray76

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 03:57:17 PM »

yes

I see. Thanks Nick. Thats interesting, as I dont have a dvda player.+T

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 03:58:25 PM »

ray- ever thought of turning your spending spree into playback? just curious.

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Ray76

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 04:01:18 PM »

ray- ever thought of turning your spending spree into playback? just curious.

Oh yeah. Ive got my eyes on Brian Costigans corals for starters. Im finished with the recording gear for a good long while. Its right where i want it.
ima grab one of those 4960s too..

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 04:04:45 PM »
fwiw. pioneer makes a great dvd-a player (mine is 563a). no problems w/ buffer/gaps/compatabilty. little more $ though. its now my universal. couldnt be happier.

Ray76

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 04:12:44 PM »
fwiw. pioneer makes a great dvd-a player (mine is 563a). no problems w/ buffer/gaps/compatabilty. little more $ though. its now my universal. couldnt be happier.

i will certainly look into that one as well. Thanks bud. :)

Ray76

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 05:13:51 PM »
ray, you're getting into playback?  lookout audiogon ;)  this'll be your bathroom rig in a few months

;)

Well, lifes too short to not have what you want when you can get it...

Ive been really blessed this past year...Specially with your ill decided gear sell. ;)

hows your gear comin Jason?

Offline TenoRichards

• Taperssection Regular
  • Resident Taper/Audiophile Wannabe
    • Tenor
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 02:44:43 AM »
...do you add track marks when you are making your montage?

Hey guys. Coming late to the party am I..... Ray, move to Berlin went w/out a hitch. Being phoneless and internet-less is cause for the heeby-jeebies though. Tosca starts in a couple weeks. You BETTER be coming to tape it! Tix are on me.

You certainly CAN track easily in Wavelab 5. I lu-huv the Montage in it. No, making a montage for each song would be the wrong way to go. Can't imagine the batch processor time that would take! The thing one needs to remember is that editing in Montage is a great way to keep processing time to a minimum; rather than rendering each step of the way you are editing non-destructively to the original file. The .mon is its own seperate file, which references the original .wavs.

Tracking is super easy, just as easy as CDWav. Actually, I like it much more as it's precision is easier to manage for me. Make sure you check the option quantize to CD frame, though. I DO add the track marks in the Montage arena. You can choose to also add them into a new render of the montage (into a new .wav file) for later editing in another program, or just ease of use.

If you are working w/ different files, you would just use "add file" feature, placing your cursor into the montage wherever you want the file/song to go. This would be useful in making a compilation disc, but in live recordings you most likely would have added the entire .wav, then track from there. When you have added an entire live recording, it's soooo easy to then make compilations, as you can edit out, create crossfades, all sorts of coolio sh*t, and NOT touch the original file. I find the Montage helpful cuz I will record seperate evenings of the same opera, and can listen to interpretations of different nites easily, using a different track for each nite. Very helpful for me to have each file right beside each other.

My 2 pfennig. Ich bin ein Berliner!!!
Andrew
dpa 4060's>BBox>acm modded pmd671 or Edirol r-09
www.tenorrichards.com

Ray76

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 07:00:33 AM »
...do you add track marks when you are making your montage?

Hey guys. Coming late to the party am I..... Ray, move to Berlin went w/out a hitch. Being phoneless and internet-less is cause for the heeby-jeebies though. Tosca starts in a couple weeks. You BETTER be coming to tape it! Tix are on me.

You certainly CAN track easily in Wavelab 5. I lu-huv the Montage in it. No, making a montage for each song would be the wrong way to go. Can't imagine the batch processor time that would take! The thing one needs to remember is that editing in Montage is a great way to keep processing time to a minimum; rather than rendering each step of the way you are editing non-destructively to the original file. The .mon is its own seperate file, which references the original .wavs.

Tracking is super easy, just as easy as CDWav. Actually, I like it much more as it's precision is easier to manage for me. Make sure you check the option quantize to CD frame, though. I DO add the track marks in the Montage arena. You can choose to also add them into a new render of the montage (into a new .wav file) for later editing in another program, or just ease of use.

If you are working w/ different files, you would just use "add file" feature, placing your cursor into the montage wherever you want the file/song to go. This would be useful in making a compilation disc, but in live recordings you most likely would have added the entire .wav, then track from there. When you have added an entire live recording, it's soooo easy to then make compilations, as you can edit out, create crossfades, all sorts of coolio sh*t, and NOT touch the original file. I find the Montage helpful cuz I will record seperate evenings of the same opera, and can listen to interpretations of different nites easily, using a different track for each nite. Very helpful for me to have each file right beside each other.

My 2 pfennig. Ich bin ein Berliner!!!
Andrew

Hey Andrew.
I think they were saying that the tracks created in wavelab werent properly aligned on sector boundaries..

Ray76

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »
i bought the damn dvd audio creator today and cant get the fuiggin thing to work.

freezes up when writing the first track.

ima email and ask for my 39 bucks back.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 03:37:38 PM »
do you have wavelab5 ray?

Ray76

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »
do you have wavelab5 ray?

I sure do partner.

Only thing is my dvd player isnt dvdacompliant ..

i need to upgrade...

shit.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com