Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: marantz 661 warm  (Read 2037 times)

Offline thudzone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
marantz 661 warm
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
I am considering ordering a 661 warm from the Oade's. Has anyone heard of any problems with the 661 warm?

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
Re: marantz 661 warm
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »
The only problem I'm aware of is I don't have one.  Seems like the best smaller deck to me - it has XLR and spidf inputs, which is what's lacking in virtually all of the other smaller decks out there these days.  I have some recordings made with one by Richard Skaggs that has the warm mod and it sounds nice.  I'd be all over this as more portable/stealth option if I didn't have two little kids who cut a hole in the bottom of my wallet.
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Offline skaggs

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
i had a channel that would not phantom power when i got the unit from doug, but he pretty much determined it was a factory issue, and corrected it for me.  only thing i'd say is power it up before you fly to nashvegas and want to use it, to make sure it works.  i was able to run the board for the show in question and it did not affect the sbd input.  running through the xlr's gets the benefit of the mod.  it is my back-up/low pro/ bit bucket deck.  a warm mod hdp2 is my main, and i love the warm mod.  it mimics a 118/148 per doug.  later

richard

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
i had a channel that would not phantom power when i got the unit from doug, but he pretty much determined it was a factory issue, and corrected it for me.  only thing i'd say is power it up before you fly to nashvegas and want to use it, to make sure it works.  i was able to run the board for the show in question and it did not affect the sbd input.  running through the xlr's gets the benefit of the mod.  it is my back-up/low pro/ bit bucket deck.  a warm mod hdp2 is my main, and i love the warm mod.  it mimics a 118/148 per doug.  later

richard

This is good advice for any new gear you get.  Fire it up out of the box to give it a 'receipt inspection' for the sake of ensuring there are no warranty issues.

Ummm OK I suppose you should read the instructions first, but...ya know...who does that?

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »
Really loving the FET sound of my warm mod 661. So far, 10 months of flawless performance.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.226 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com