Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Distance/config on split omni's  (Read 6664 times)

Offline grayp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If I was a cactus I wouldn't need so much water
Re: Distance/config on split omni's
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
My own experience running my Gefell omnis is that a 3-4 foot split works best if I am taping from the section or something like that.  I also like to point the omnis directly at the stacks; I know that it doesn't do anything except give me a bit more spacing, but perhaps there is something psychologically that I like about it.  Wider than 4 feet and I get a hole in the middle, but I admit that I do need to experiment more.

i agree with this for sure.   ran about a 30ft split at panic this spring and it def had somewhat of a hole in the middle.   did about 4 ft at delfest which came out much much better.   
Akg 480/ck61/ck62/ck63 (a61 swivels if fob)->m148->722

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
Seems to be a common theme that alot of us recording stack amplified stuff from the section end up with a 3'-4' spread. Also from a purely practical standpoint, that spacing is easily managed with two festival chairs in between the stands to fortify the encampment. -Or two stands at the edges of a stand clump/stand grove/groove grove/bunch of d00ds tapin'/call it what you will.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »
I think I am going to set up at the corners in front of the soundboard.  That should give me about 3-4 feet and hopefully no "hole in the middle" effect. Thanks to the responses so far.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com