Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audix Micro shock mounts (and other mics they might fit)  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
Re: Audix Micro shock mounts (and other mics they might fit)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »
I have them and I think they would be too large for the MBHO connector.  I could be wrong, but Im looking at it right now and the opening is about the size of a sharpie. Works fine for my micros, but would have been too big for my CK1x actives, which have a connector about the same size. If  the connector was gaffed  up it might have worked though.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
I had these with my Micros and I wasn't too happy with them.  YMMV.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline 3-Fan

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:26 AM »
Why didn't you like these for micro mics?

I've been looking for a decent set of shock mounts to run my AT853 when open taping is allowed.  These look like they will fit.  Both the mic and shock mount are .47" diameter.
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
I found when I noiselessly bumped my stand, the bump registered about -8db on my M1 meters at a usual gain level. Using a plain old AT8410 (with a diy bar) registered about -24 db.

EDIT: link to my vert bar thread. http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,26089.0.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:04:02 AM by CliveStaples »
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

I've been looking for a decent set of shock mounts to run my AT853 when open taping is allowed.  These look like they will fit.  Both the mic and shock mount are .47" diameter.

They weren't very durable - and taking the mics in and out at each show started tearing the rubber.  I also didn't think they did that great of a job of isolation.  What I ended up doing was making a custom mount using a Scheops A20 and the standard Audix clips screwed together on a metal rod.  Worked MUCH better than the Audix shocks.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
Nick, trust me, Ive searched and looked at COUNTLESS images of mini-xlr clips, and the Rode NT6 2-Axis Swivel Mounts are BY FAR, the best fit, and well made for mini-xlr connectors/clips ;) Just ask Murph(Javier Cinakowski), he just got a pair of the Rode NT6's, and LOVES the mounts that come with them, as do I, except mine are for my MBHO's ;D I just need a frickin Vark Bar(I'm DEAD BROKE) and my setup will be complete :)

I did have to put some glue-backed/sticky-backed felt on the inside of teh O-Ring of the Rode NT6 mounts, but now they fit the MBHO's Mini-XLR Connectors TIGHTLY and SNUGLY and LIKE A GLOVE ;)

IO did a years worth of research(almost) and of all things, found teh Roide NT6 mounts in a magazine of Full Compass(I *think*) while t5aking a crap :P ;D And that was after MONTHS of research too :P

But since the Rode NT6 mounst are IMPOSSIBLE to buy separately/individually, I found someone who works for a sound company in NYC and burned him a TON of Phish DVD-R's to get me 2 of them ;D 8)

Someone just PM'd me and said they BEGGED Rode to sell them 2 of their NT6 mounts, and they said "No" :( I told my friend at the sound company in NYC to tell his Rode Rep to sell them separately/individually, and he said he was def looking into it for the near(hopefully) future :) So there may be hope after all, and hopefully because of me, because ANYONE running mini-xlr actives should have the option/luxury of running those KICKASS Rode NT6 mounts. They are ALL METAL CONSTRUCTION and DEFINITELY the most WELL MADE mini-xlr clips/mounts on the market IMO, because like I said, I have looked at ALL of them that show up on the internet ;) Trust me on that 8)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 10:32:03 PM »
I did have to put some glue-backed/sticky-backed felt on the inside of teh O-Ring of the Rode NT6 mounts, but now they fit the MBHO's Mini-XLR Connectors TIGHTLY and SNUGLY and LIKE A GLOVE

The NT6 screws into the threads of the 2-axis mount.  It is fantastic...
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
No promises or anything...but I just put an email into my Rode guy to see if I can buy a batch of these. I could use a pair myself  ;)
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
I did have to put some glue-backed/sticky-backed felt on the inside of teh O-Ring of the Rode NT6 mounts, but now they fit the MBHO's Mini-XLR Connectors TIGHTLY and SNUGLY and LIKE A GLOVE

what? how is that possible Murph? You mean the O-Ring? the NT6 is essentially the same as the MBHO line(Rode stole their idea ;) ) but the NT6 is:

Capsule >
Capsule>Mini-Xlr adapter >
mini-xlr connector >
mini-xlr cable >
Rode NT6 mic body

right? So how do ANY of those actually screw into the swivel mount?

The swivel mount consists of the:
O-Ring >
screw to alter the angle bwtween 0*-180* >
metal shaft of the mount >
1/4" female threads

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »

They weren't very durable - and taking the mics in and out at each show started tearing the rubber.  I also didn't think they did that great of a job of isolation.  What I ended up doing was making a custom mount using a Scheops A20 and the standard Audix clips screwed together on a metal rod.  Worked MUCH better than the Audix shocks.

Do you happen to have a pic of this? I experienced the same thing when I used the Audix shocks with the 853's...the rubber became completely useless...I've since just been wedging my windscreens into the mount (minus the rubber)...it works ok but not preferable...

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

Do you happen to have a pic of this? I experienced the same thing when I used the Audix shocks with the 853's...the rubber became completely useless...I've since just been wedging my windscreens into the mount (minus the rubber)...it works ok but not preferable...

Sure don't - that was years ago and I didn't have those shocks for very long.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:29 PM »

what? how is that possible Murph? You mean the O-Ring? the NT6 is essentially the same as the MBHO line(Rode stole their idea ;) ) but the NT6 is:

Capsule >
mini-xlr connector >
mini-xlr cable >
Rode NT6 mic body

O-Ring >
1/4" female threads

The outside of the mini-xlr on the NT6 has threads on it.  It screws into the threads on the insdie of the clip ring....

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 02:08:35 AM »

Capsule >
mini-xlr connector >
mini-xlr cable >
Rode NT6 mic body

O-Ring >
1/4" female threads

The outside of the mini-xlr on the NT6 has threads on it.  It screws into the threads on the insdie of the clip ring....

You mean that you dont have to use the O-Ring part of the 2-Axis Swivel Mount but instead can screw directly into the top part of the 2-axis swivel mount rather than using the O-Ring part of the mount? Where the O-Ring screws onto the 2-axis swivel mount? That way you can still use the swivel part of the mount, right? I screwed my O-Ring onto my swivel mount SOOOOO TIGHTLY w/ a rubber pipe grip clamp that Craftsman sells, that the O-Rings will NEVER come off on mine. Theyre both 'permanently stuck' in the exact same position on both mounts for easy mounting on the vark bar in the future :) I lucked out and the MAX I could turn both of them, and they ended up parallel to the swivel mount screw for the O-Ring 0*-180* swivel :) The mics run along the same plane as the screw so I can easily adjust them when mounted in the future :)

And like Ive said before, the MBHO mini-xlr connector(4-Pin. Are yours 4-Pin mini-xlr's Murph?) was just a TAD BIT too small in diameter to fit inside teh O-Ring of the mount tight and snug, so I added just a half moon of glue/sticky-back felt so the mini-xlr connectors sit NICE AND TIGHT inside teh O-Ring. Makes me feel ALOT SAFER that the mics are sturdy and can get better isolation from my pair of Shure A53M donut shocks(which I LOVE!) and also wont move around if teh stand gets touched by other patrons at shows(which happens ALOT at festies/PBurgh outdoor shows) sometimes :) All I can do about it is stake down my stand w/ 6 metal stakes that I have, and run my donut shockmount for my KwonBars :) It ruins my show when I have to guard my stand for dear life. Thats why I like being able to stake it down outdoors :)

I have never seen the Rode NT6 mics up close, as Ive only seen them in the same few pics that are online! Can you snap a pic of those threads and a closeup or two of the Rode and how it screws onto the swivel mount, PLEASE Murph? ;D

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
You mean that you dont have to use the O-Ring part of the 2-Axis Swivel Mount but instead can screw directly into the top part of the 2-axis swivel mount rather than using the O-Ring part of the mount? Where the O-Ring screws onto the 2-axis swivel mount?

No, the o-Ring part of the mount has threads on the inside.  It sounds like you covered them up with felt.  The mics have threads that screw into the o-ring part of the mount.  When i first got the mics I though they were permenantly attached to the mount....

I'll take some pictures this weekend...

They are 3-pin mini-xlr...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com