Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My new measurement microphone T.H.E AUDIO TT-3M omni  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
My new measurement microphone T.H.E AUDIO TT-3M omni
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »
T.H.E Audio TT-M3 its a great omnidirectional mic that is very similar to the DPA 4006 Edit 4007 :) but not quite as expensive! And the service and support from T.H.E audio is second to none!  http://www.theaudio.com/home_en.htm

This mic has a 1 micron thick Titanium diaphragm the capsule is made by ACO PACIFIC and it has a shelf life of 250 years and will remain with in 1 db of its spec for that period of time ! WOW can you say I guess this mic will sound the same today as it does tomarrow!

Frequency response 5hz to 20khz +- 1 db

This mic will be used in my lab to measure my microphones so I can publish frequency response charts of my products. I recommend THE to anyone who loves a well built well designed product. And no they are not paying me to say this or giving me any free product  :)
EDIT I Should have said the DPA 4007 :) not 4006! I have a 4007 :)
Chris
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:44:46 AM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline ghellquist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: My new measurement microphone T.H.E AUDIO TT-3M omni
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
Sorry to be nitpicking. I simply have to do it though as an old user of DPA4006.

This mic is NOT like the 4006. The 4006 was the result of quite a long development effort within the well-known measurement microphone manufacturer B&K (Bruel and Kjaer). In fact the capsule used by 4006 is still made by B&K and marked as such. Measurement mics can be very nice omni mics, but they also often have sound artifacts which may (or may not) be disturbing. It can of course still be a very nice mic, as can quite a few other omni mics.

Please go ahead and do some really nice recordings with the mic and let us hear them. This might become a new favourite.

// Gunanr

J.T.L

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »
This mic will be used in my lab to measure my microphones so I can publish frequency response charts of my products.
;)

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »
Sorry to be nitpicking. I simply have to do it though as an old user of DPA4006.

This mic is NOT like the 4006. The 4006 was the result of quite a long development effort within the well-known measurement microphone manufacturer B&K (Bruel and Kjaer). In fact the capsule used by 4006 is still made by B&K and marked as such. Measurement mics can be very nice omni mics, but they also often have sound artifacts which may (or may not) be disturbing. It can of course still be a very nice mic, as can quite a few other omni mics.

Please go ahead and do some really nice recordings with the mic and let us hear them. This might become a new favourite.

// Gunanr

For some reason I said 4006 but I actually have a DPA  4007 not a 4006 :) So yes your correct by in my opinion there is very little difference between the TT-M3 and the 4007

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
T.H.E Audio TT-M3 its a great omnidirectional mic that is very similar to the DPA 4006 Edit 4007 :)

You mean 'TT-3M', I guess the $1500 you just dropped on it has left you a little giddy :)

Have you considered any of the Earthworks measurement mics?

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
T.H.E Audio TT-M3 its a great omnidirectional mic that is very similar to the DPA 4006 Edit 4007 :)

You mean 'TT-3M', I guess the $1500 you just dropped on it has left you a little giddy :)

Have you considered any of the Earthworks measurement mics?

digifish

I had a m-30 but I never liked the mic for some reason It just did not stack up to my 4007 Or my TT-M3 I found the earthworks uses some strange measurement techniques to get the response of the microphone they will provide calibration data but I don't trust it as much as my TT-M3 OR the 4007, I also found the mic very VERY cold sounding for recording my guitar my other use for any of the mics I have.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com