Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Schoeps REDUCED pricing & U.S. Edition Stereo Sets are now discontinued  (Read 8975 times)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Just got this email from my Schoeps distributor...thought it might be of interest to people. Email me if you are looking for something particular and I'll get you pricing.

Attention Schoeps Resellers,

Due to the recent rapid decline of the (€) Euro against the US Dollar we are issuing a
new Schoeps price list that reflects a REDUCTION in prices for all Schoeps products.
Please see the attached price lists dated June 8th, 2010. Only select Replacement Parts
on the Parts List reflect price changes.

Please note the following:
Any backordered items or unfilled orders we have on file will be invoiced at the
new lower price when delivered. It would be in your best interest to handle the
subsequent retail sale accordingly.

U.S. Edition Stereo Sets
All U.S. Edition Stereo Sets are now discontinued. As a result of the consistent
demand for all-inclusive stereo sets, Schoeps has decided to offer their own
stereo sets to the distribution network. These new sets are found on page 4 of
the Pro Net Price List. Our Mono Microphone Sets are unaffected by this and are
still offered.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
Not sure I follow on what is going on with stereo sets. The US stereo sets are being replaced with some other type of stereo set? Or due to high demand for stereo sets they are going to stop selling them?
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
Not sure I follow on what is going on with stereo sets. The US stereo sets are being replaced with some other type of stereo set? Or due to high demand for stereo sets they are going to stop selling them?
i believe the stereo sets were put together by US distributors. now schoeps will put them together themselves and send out to distributors. ???
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
I am confused on the "stereo set" deal, too.  They used to say, "US Stereo Set" and it still does at Posthorn.  Jerry has not changed his prices since April of this year.  Wow!  That Euro must be dropping like a rock.  That would not hurt my feelings much.  We all took it in the shorts as it went up.

Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT

Where is the confusion?

"As a result of the consistent demand for all-inclusive stereo sets, Schoeps has decided to offer their own stereo sets to the distribution network"
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
I'd be curious to see what a new set of CCM41 Lg matched will run for now, previously it was about $4500...

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List

Where is the confusion?

"As a result of the consistent demand for all-inclusive stereo sets, Schoeps has decided to offer their own stereo sets to the distribution network"

The confusion came from the fact that stereo sets have been sold in the US since at least the 1990s and these are apparently being discontinued and replaced with another stereo set that will be also be sold in the US. I didn't realize that US stereo sets were put together by US importers and were not assembled as such by the Schoeps factory. Since all US stereo sets came in a fancy Schoeps box that looks like it was assembled at the factory, I didn't realize until now that this was not the case. I am still curious as to what difference (if any) exists between the stereo sets.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline mountaintaper

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Most stuff still way overpriced...but the prices are a lot better

http://www.reddingaudio.com/schoeps/Schoeps%20US%20ProNet%20Price%20List%206-8-10.pdf

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
Most stuff still way overpriced...but the prices are a lot better

http://www.reddingaudio.com/schoeps/Schoeps%20US%20ProNet%20Price%20List%206-8-10.pdf

They have dropped. I never thought I'd see that.
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Whats next?
Actually looks like a pretty nice drop in price 10% or better, CMR's anyone  ;D

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
Wow!  That Euro must be dropping like a rock.  That would not hurt my feelings much.  We all took it in the shorts as it went up.

Euro reached its lowest point in four years today.  Depending on what happens in Greece, it may drop even lower.  If anybody was ever sitting on the fence about getting a nice set of Scheops, Neumanns, or Gefells, now is definitely the time to buy.  Denmark uses the Kroner so I don't know if dpa is affected; I haven't checked the exchange rate.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
Wow!  That Euro must be dropping like a rock.  That would not hurt my feelings much.  We all took it in the shorts as it went up.

Euro reached its lowest point in four years today.  Depending on what happens in Greece, it may drop even lower.  If anybody was ever sitting on the fence about getting a nice set of Scheops, Neumanns, or Gefells, now is definitely the time to buy.  Denmark uses the Kroner so I don't know if dpa is affected; I haven't checked the exchange rate.

Fuckin' A....I may have to make it to the Cup in Holland this November :-)
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT

Where is the confusion?

The confusion came from the fact that stereo sets have been sold in the US since at least the 1990s and these are apparently being discontinued and replaced with another stereo set that will be also be sold in the US. I didn't realize that US stereo sets were put together by US importers and were not assembled as such by the Schoeps factory. Since all US stereo sets came in a fancy Schoeps box that looks like it was assembled at the factory, I didn't realize until now that this was not the case. I am still curious as to what difference (if any) exists between the stereo sets.

i see...
well, as you have figured out, the stereo sets were put together by the few distributors that schoeps has in the states.
i guess the company saw a demand for "matched pairs", and figured they'd fill the gap. i personally don't see the need for my mics to be factory matched, but i guess to some people, it's a big deal and something they go out of their way to get. i just need my pairs of mics to sound alike to my ears. i don't need a piece of paper from the factory to prove that the company has good quality control.

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
I think that the type of recording that MOST people do on this board, that it does matter. If I'm taping a live show with 2 mics for a stereo recording, I want them to be similarly matched. Right?
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
I think that the type of recording that MOST people do on this board, that it does matter. If I'm taping a live show with 2 mics for a stereo recording, I want them to be similarly matched. Right?

I talked to a guy who bought 2 U89's from different sellers on Ebay...I think he took them over to Sonic Sense for testing and they were pretty much spot on identical in terms of performance.  What is considered a substantial difference in unmatched mic pairs?
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.123 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com