Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: what microphone ? For TECHNO  (Read 7016 times)

Offline tapasboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
what microphone ? For TECHNO
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:08:53 PM »
Hello,
I would like to recording up predominantly in a club of Techno.
With my MZ-RH1 - what for microphone you would advise me. How should I go forward?

thanks

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: what microphone ? For TECHNO
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:25:19 PM »
Hello,
With my MZ-RH1 - what for microphone you would advise me. How should I go forward?

thanks

Check out my cardioid mics they are one sale to TS members for $69.99 a pair.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 08:58:52 AM »
honestly, you're probably better off asking if you can patch. If you offer the DJ a copy, you might be pleasantly suprised.
IME, the SPLs in most techno/house/dance clubs are extraordinary and the PAs are often far too overdriven. what you'd get from a feed off the mixer would be far cleaner and a truer representation of the DJ's performance.
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 09:30:05 AM »
honestly, you're probably better off asking if you can patch. If you offer the DJ a copy, you might be pleasantly suprised.
IME, the SPLs in most techno/house/dance clubs are extraordinary and the PAs are often far too overdriven. what you'd get from a feed off the mixer would be far cleaner and a truer representation of the DJ's performance.

Good point its been so long since I have worked a rave I forgot what they do to a sound system :)

Offline tapasboy

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 10:36:29 AM »
Many dj's do not like it theirs set's are to be got... In addition, I would like to unique ones took up... More known DJ's allow not directly in Mixer to take up... This would be dream!

Questions is not in it ...: who has idea or how you would go forward? line in , Bass-roll-off ???
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 10:43:29 AM by tapasboy »

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:32:45 PM »
Many dj's do not like it theirs set's are to be got... In addition, I would like to unique ones took up... More known DJ's allow not directly in Mixer to take up... This would be dream!

Questions is not in it ...: who has idea or how you would go forward? line in , Bass-roll-off ???

Line in bass roll off my cardioid mics and my st-9100 preamp would be very good $199.99 + shipping. good deal for you my friend.

Chris Church

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 03:59:39 PM »
hrmmm. DJs I know and my experiences have been different... good luck.
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:45 PM »

Line in bass roll off my cardioid mics and my st-9100 preamp would be very good $199.99 + shipping. good deal for you my friend.

Chris Church

I know its none of my business, but this guy is looking for advice, not an advertisment.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »

Chris Church

I know its none of my business, but this guy is looking for advice, not an advertisment.

Terry

Its not an advertisement its a sales pitch, I believe as do many others on this board that my mics are very good. I know it sounds like I am just trying to sell my gear, but to be honest there is nothing in this price range that even comes close to the sound of my mics and preamp. IMHO, if there is please point the way. I do not need the extra business. I was only trying to help this guy out with a good price. I guess I can always count on people to say something negative, when I am only really trying to help some of you out with good prices. I guess I should overcharge like everyone else does?

Chris Church

PS... I am not ofended by your comments just disapointed that I cant speak my mind with out getting BS for doing so. If you dont agree my products are good thats ok. Why not insted of being criticale, RECOMEND SOMETHING FOR THIS GUY. Hey theres an idea! insted of wasting time being negitive, why not try and point him to some gear that will do the job he asked for? wow what a concept.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 08:49:07 PM »

Chris Church

Terry

Its not an advertisement its a sales pitch, I believe as do many others on this board that my mics are very good. I know it sounds like I am just trying to sell my gear, but to be honest there is nothing in this price range that even comes close to the sound of my mics and preamp. IMHO, if there is please point the way. I do not need the extra business. I was only trying to help this guy out with a good price. I guess I can always count on people to say something negative, when I am only really trying to help some of you out with good prices. I guess I should overcharge like everyone else does?

Chris Church

PS... I am not ofended by your comments just disapointed that I cant speak my mind with out getting BS for doing so. If you dont agree my products are good thats ok. Why not insted of being criticale, RECOMEND SOMETHING FOR THIS GUY. Hey theres an idea! insted of wasting time being negitive, why not try and point him to some gear that will do the job he asked for? wow what a concept.

Sales pitch.  Yes, that is a better description. 

I don't offer a suggestion because I know nothing of the person's needs. 

And I'm have no qualms with your products.  I actually do appreciate your effort in providing high-quality gear to tapers in general. 

But you also know nothing of this person's needs and you offer to sell him your product right off the bat.  It gives the impression that you are more interested in selling your product than giving true advise.  That's why I'm being, as you put it, "critical".

Terry

PS  My advice for TapasBoy is to read the many stealth threads on the board.  I'm sure after some thought and self-education, Tapas can figure out what he needs.  And that may even be Church Audio products. 

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »

Chris Church

Terry

Chris Church

Sales pitch.  Yes, that is a better description. 

I don't offer a suggestion because I know nothing of the person's needs. 

And I'm have no qualms with your products.  I actually do appreciate your effort in providing high-quality gear to tapers in general. 

But you also know nothing of this person's needs and you offer to sell him your product right off the bat.  It gives the impression that you are more interested in selling your product than giving true advise.  That's why I'm being, as you put it, "critical".

Terry

PS  My advice for TapasBoy is to read the many stealth threads on the board.  I'm sure after some thought and self-education, Tapas can figure out what he needs.  And that may even be Church Audio products. 

This is what he was asking for, I know something about his needs since he asked for help I helped him.
Hello,

thanks

dorrcoq

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 12:21:18 AM »

I guess I should overcharge like everyone else does?

Uhhhhhhh, let's not get carried away now! ;D

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 01:16:46 AM »

I guess I should overcharge like everyone else does?

Uhhhhhhh, let's not get carried away now! ;D

Not everyone  ;D just some  ;)

RebelRebel

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 09:33:28 PM »
i dont know, Chris suggested a product based off his own experience, unlike guysonic who pimps on every thread, whether talking about concerts or lets say....ice cream.

Chris isnt overbearing.

Offline Wiggler

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:28:50 PM »
You may consider looking into some DPA 4061 microphones and a MPS6030 power supply for your needs.
DPA -  Danish Pro Audio is a quality builder of microphones that can handle high sound pressure levels.
http://www.dpamicrophones.com/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.174 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com