Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new plextor drive  (Read 6886 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
new plextor drive
« on: December 13, 2002, 03:56:42 PM »
Heyya,

Just got a new plextor 48x cd-rw, and was wondering if there was anything I needed to know about this drive that isn't in your face apparent!  Happy friday everyone!

Daryan

jpschust

Re:new plextor drive
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 04:58:33 PM »
that it rules?  Its the best drive made.  hands down.

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 02:38:15 PM »
alright...way to go D!...

man...48X...can't even fathom that...
that will burn a disc in what?...2 minutes?...

i remember burning at 2X on a 300mhz machine and thinkin' i was pushin' it then...haha...

amazing...

i use a Mac now, so am stuck with whatever the Superdrive will do...
(CDR/ DVDR)...it does pretty good though...=)

Santa been berry, berry good to you dis year, eh?...

;)

DaryanLenz

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 07:02:06 PM »
Santa has been very good this year.  I got a new pair of mbho's in julyish, ***really*** cheap from a studio guy in Germany.  Saw them on ebay, and jumped at the buy it now price two hours after the auction posted...I would tell you what I payed for them, but it might make you choke!  Then, bought the apogee ad1k in September or October on the Jonny payment plan, then just bought his sonosax a week ago, as usual on the jonny payment plan...it amazes me how I have pulled all of this off.  Now, as for the plextor...I am going to start a new thread with some questions once I go back to my room and screw around with it a bit more!

Anyone got any funny taping stories from the weekend..post in the general forum, they are always funny!!

Peace

---D---

Offline Roose

• Taperssection Regular
  • come on and bounce baby bounce
    • My Cd List
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 11:48:32 PM »
what's so great about the Plextor?

I just got a Memorex 48 24 48 and it kicks ass.

Yes, very fast.  I don't see why anyone would need to burn CDs faster than this.
Behave like your Mother is watching.

Offline d swing

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 01:37:00 AM »
Roose - no one is gonna burn discs faster than 24x.  If you can burn data/.shn discs at 48x (and still get them to verify) no one is stopping you.  Enjoy your new burner!!!

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 10:23:17 AM »
Roose - the thing thats so great about the plextor... well its a number of things.  First of all their customer service is way beyond what i've ever seen from a computer company.  One of my drives died like 2 years after I bought it and not only did they replace it, but they cross shipped me a new drive so I could have it ASAP.  On top of this their drives read and burn any and i mean any blank recordable media.  I've never ever come across a disc that a plextor wont read and burn.  Add to this that they are just well made, sturdy drives and I will never ever buy another brand of internal CD-RW.

Jonny

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 12:15:40 PM »
I use to get plextors until I found out that liteon makes all the parts you find in the plextor but the liteon drives are 1/2 the price, same drive, different name. You are just paying for the plextor name.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

jpschust

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2002, 03:35:54 PM »
im curious how the liteon customer service is... im happy to pay more if my service is truly great

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2002, 03:44:49 PM »
I don't think that Liteon has the same level of QC procedures for their products either.  Plextor, at least used to, hold very high levels of quality on their drives before one would ship out the door.  That was also when they only made SCSI drives though :)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2002, 04:02:21 PM »
not sure on their technical support because  I have never had to call them, which is good, no calls means, good product
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2002, 04:03:06 PM »
my last plextor drive died 2 days after the warranty expired, barely lasted a year, now this liteon drive has done more discs already and is still going strong.
In Tyler we Trust

jpschust

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2002, 04:07:27 PM »
you know if you call them on it plextor will still replace the drive at no cost or just shipping cost.  they really could care less about waranty from my experience.

Offline CrazyED

• Taperssection Member
  • w00ks.org
    • My Photos
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2003, 12:57:09 PM »
I burned up 3 plextors within a 12 month period, they replaced them each time but being without a burner for 2-3-4 weeks suxs a**.  Needless to say I went with another brand when I got tired of dealing with the w00ks at plextor, i'll never buy one again unless its the only drive left on the market.
Gear: Canon 350D, Canon 430EX, Canon 10-22mm/3.5, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 24-70mm/2.8, Canon 70-200mm/2.8 IS

jpschust

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2003, 04:48:16 PM »
thats the first bad customer comment ive ever heard about a plextor and I've been building and doing consulting since i was 16 or so.  If you tell them that you need a burner in the meantime they will take a cc # as a garuntee for the receipt of your drive and xship you a new drive.  The one time I had to do it it ended up with me without a drive for 48 hours.  

Jonny

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com