Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rode nt4 samples  (Read 2229 times)

Offline carpa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Rode nt4 samples
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:05:08 AM »
I've been googling for a while for piano classical sound samples recorded with Nt4, but with no results. Does anybody of you have a good link?  I've found guitars, percussions and others but no classical piano.
I'm interested also in the new Audio-Technica stereo AT 8022, but there's no samples nor reviews yet on the web, as far as I know.
This AT could maybe prove to be a good option, but I'm a bit suspicious about the frequency response, limited to 15.000 hz.

More in general, regarding x-y, has been noticed that it provides a bit narrow stereo image compared to m-s or ortff etc.  This shoudn't apply to a solo instrument like piano, I guess.

About proximity factor which affects cardioids, how much close must the mic be placed to a piano to suffer from it?
Any suggestion/comments?
thanks
c

Offline gossling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Rode nt4 samples
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NT4

It'll take you to the main site, just enter the URL again once you're there.  Or just search for NT4 in their search box.  I'd listen to the "classical vocals" sample first.

EDIT:
The NT5 use the same cardioid caps as the NT4.  There are several piano samples here:
http://www.esnips.com/web/Microphonesshootout?docsPage=2#files

I think you have to create an account, but this only takes 10 seconds and is well worth it if you're looking to record piano. 

Are you planning to record from a distance? If you're recording piano, and you have complete control over the placement, I'd recommend a nice pair of omnis (Avenson STO-2).  Or at least get a microphone with interchangeable caps or multi-pattern options (AKG C414).  Omnis typically have a more open and accurate sound that can be useful for such an instrument.  To be perfectly honest, I doubt the NT4's are your best option in that price range.  Studio Projects C4 are less expensive, more flexible and come with both cardioid and omni caps. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:57:50 PM by gossling »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com