Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Orchestra and Concert band recording help needed  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re:Orchestra and Concert band recording help needed
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 10:59:02 PM »
Cakewalk Sonar. I just did a 'clear audio disc' in sonar, but it found no files...

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • I am a real American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2003, 11:01:02 PM »
Cakewalk Sonar. I just did a 'clear audio disc' in sonar, but it found no files...
alex im confused how are you running 4 tracks into your computer, what kind of sound card are you using?

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2003, 11:01:10 PM »
my old school had some guys i know come record the choir and orcestra, and one semester he ran i beleive it was AKG 460's front center, i think OTRF, i think the mics were set directly behind the conductor just over his head level, cause when he directs he's gotten the sound he wants from his point of veiw, you have to take that into account cause he might make violins play pianisimo , then cello's mezzo forte so they blend in the mix more. that is what i've seen.

and for the choir, he used 460s of the far left and right, and akg C414b's set up x/y center of choir, just above head level for the baritones in the back.  other times he's ran the same for the choir, and some crown floor mics, and soloist were on wireless shure 58's i think so good luck, hope it works out, i'd love to hear it. i miss that stuff..

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Swampy

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 11:02:42 PM »
alex im confused how are you running 4 tracks into your computer, what kind of sound card are you using?

M-Audio Delta 44. 4in 4out

Offline Swampy

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 11:03:15 PM »
my old school had some guys i know come record the choir and orcestra, and one semester he ran i beleive it was AKG 460's front center, i think OTRF, i think the mics were set directly behind the conductor just over his head level, cause when he directs he's gotten the sound he wants from his point of veiw, you have to take that into account cause he might make violins play pianisimo , then cello's mezzo forte so they blend in the mix more. that is what i've seen.

and for the choir, he used 460s of the far left and right, and akg C414b's set up x/y center of choir, just above head level for the baritones in the back.  other times he's ran the same for the choir, and some crown floor mics, and soloist were on wireless shure 58's i think so good luck, hope it works out, i'd love to hear it. i miss that stuff..

matt

thanks for the help!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com