Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help with the transfer  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Benny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Etree
Need help with the transfer
« on: December 10, 2003, 02:56:33 PM »
Hey guys, I am totally new at this and have only taped 4-5 shows so far. I was at the Robert Randolph show in Denver a week or so ago and I am trying to get the recording onto cd. My unit is as follows;

D7 -> UA-1D -> Soundforge Studio 6.0

For some reason, my Edirol UA is requiring a frequency setting of 48kHz to get the audio onto my harddrive. I then convert it to 44.1kHz and burn it to cd.
The program tells me it was burned without errors and I can see that data on the cd. But when I try to play it, the cd player won't read anything.
Sorry for such the elementary post, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Thanks for any and all help
CO Crüe - A drinkin' team with a tapin' problem

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
Re:Need help with the transfer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 03:17:46 PM »
Hmmm.. reopen the files in your editor and make certain that the files are 16 bit 44.1Khz files. Other than that, can you burn other audio discs witout problems? Burned as audio and not data, correct?

Offline Benny

• Etree
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 03:34:10 PM »
I checked the properties of the file and they indicate 16 bit, 44 kHz. I have not tried to burn other shows with this program.
One thing that seems odd to me; if I open the file in a program like Feurio or CDWave, it pulls up the data, but I do not hear any sound. Is it possible that the conversion to 44.1kHz is not occuring/saving?
I believe they are burning as audio but how would I double check that?
Is there other software I should be using?
Is it normal to have to change the frequency to upload the audio to my harddrive?
Thanks

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 03:39:08 PM »
first - what freq did you record it to dat at?
second - did you transfer at the same freq?
third - did you just change the sample rate or actually resample the file (resampling is a cpu intensive process and should take a while to complete, this is the correct way)
please detail your entire transfer process for us and don't leave out anything you even think might be a little insignificant.

also, if you're really having problems and want some help, i could transfer it for you or even help you out in person, sometime next week though.  i'm in boulder, wish i could have made that show but i didn't.  did you get nmas also?
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Benny

• Etree
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 03:49:24 PM »
I got a patch for this recording and I don't have my source notes with me right now, but I am almost sure it was recorded at 44.1. But the problem with getting my computer sw and uploading device to read the DAT stream is that I have to set it at 48.
And yes, I did resample the file, it took like 30-40 mins or so.

Simp-Dawg; I did get the NMAS show as well, I listened to portions of both recordings and they sound very good. If you would be will to help me transfer this, I would really appreciate it. I am learning this as I go and have never really had anyone sit down and tell me what needs to be done.

Offline Benny

• Etree
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 03:52:20 PM »
I don't have my source notes with me, but I am pretty sure it was recorded at 44.1. Unfortunately, after screwing with my computer and uploading device, I had to set it at 48 to get it on my harddrive. It was resampled, took like 30-40 mins to do it.

Simp-Dawg; I got the NMAS show as well, I've listened to portions of both shows and they sound pretty good. If you would be willing to help me out with the transfer, I would really appreciate it.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 04:05:27 PM »
I got a patch for this recording and I don't have my source notes with me right now, but I am almost sure it was recorded at 44.1. But the problem with getting my computer sw and uploading device to read the DAT stream is that I have to set it at 48.
And yes, I did resample the file, it took like 30-40 mins or so.

Simp-Dawg; I did get the NMAS show as well, I listened to portions of both recordings and they sound very good. If you would be will to help me transfer this, I would really appreciate it. I am learning this as I go and have never really had anyone sit down and tell me what needs to be done.

while playing the DAT hold down the "Play" button on the D7, this will give you the sample rate
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com