Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Renting a small sized video camera - recommendations?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Salva Veritate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Renting a small sized video camera - recommendations?
« on: July 21, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »
What kind should I be looking for? Professional cameras are way out of my price range, as are most HD cameras (they're probably too bulky anyway). Still, I'm only going to rent it for one day so I don't need to go all the way down to the bottom of the bargain bin like I usually do. Any recommendations for specific models? Specifically small, high quality non-HD cameras, or a cheap HD cam.

Thanks!

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Renting a small sized video camera - recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
I think you should spoil yourself and just get the biggest baddest one you can afford! If I were to do this, it would be a panasonic with Leica lenses. I wouldn't put it down for one minute...it would come close to 59 seconds tho.

Good luck!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline John Kary

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:38:27 AM »
If you live in the USA, most film/video production rental houses will rent you a Panasonic DVX100b for $150/day.  Most places don't rent consumer-range cameras, so $150/day is cheapest you're probably going to get.

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
If you have to pay $150 a day, go onto ebay and get yourself a Sony PC100 or that generation of camera.  Excellent camera and VERY popular for video taping live music concerts for many reasons (I have two of them).  You should be able to get one for between $300 and $400.  Just do some homework to make sure the previous owner treated it well.  I got lucky a year or so ago and got one for less than $200...the second one in MUCH better shape that the first I bought off ebay for almost double.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com