Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problems Converting WAV to FLAC And Checksum  (Read 1743 times)

Offline jamroom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Problems Converting WAV to FLAC And Checksum
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
Little problem with creating flac and a checksum for a show (16/44.1). Edited in Audition (as usual) and track split and renamed in CDWave (as usual), but when I use TLH to create flacs and checksum, I get the following:

01_Harmonia_2008-07-11.wav:  successfully encoded to '01_Harmonia_2008-07-11.flac' (ratio = 0.520; no need for sector alignment).
02_Harmonia_2008-07-11.wav:  successfully encoded to '02_Harmonia_2008-07-11.flac' (ratio = 0.519; no need for sector alignment).

No errors occured.

01_Harmonia_2008-07-11.flac:  file is decodable without error, but flac fingerprint cannot be checked since it was unset in the streaminfo block.
02_Harmonia_2008-07-11.flac:  tested ok (file is decodable without error).

There were errors.

Create checksum file was cancelled.

I tried checking and unchecking the "keep foreign metadata" and "align on sector boundaries" boxes, with no difference. I have also tried FFE with similar results. The above result was also the case when I tried to convert the full set. This is the first time this has happened IME. Searching on here hasn't really given me an answer, but it seems it may be something to do with the header. Can anyone shine any light and help me out here? It would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:48:57 PM by jamroom »

Offline jamroom

• Taperssection Member
Re: Problems Converting WAV to FLAC And Checksum
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:07:15 AM »
Update:

I had another go at this. I took the 16/44.1 file and split it again, but saved as flac this time - I usually save as wav so I can burn a cd right away (though I can burn flacs through Nero). TLH created an ffp checksum, no problems.

Though my problem has been solved, I would appreciate an understanding of what actually happened in the first place, if anyone can help?

Online Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 02:43:16 AM »
The FLAC fingerprints are usually calculated during the encoding phase and then written to the FLAC file's so-called streaminfo block (which is a few bytes of information at the beginning of the FLAC file). Somehow, this didn't happen. Your program couldn't read the fingerprints from the FLAC file's header and that caused the error.

Offline jamroom

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:16:14 AM »
Thanks for the info Sebastian. Strange occurence though. Funnily enough, I keep noticing strange things on my pc that make me wonder about my recent upgrade to SP3 of XP...

+t

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com