Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

what stand to buy, and placement question

(1/2) > >>

caymanreview:
just got a pair of akg 391's bought and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me a good stand for them

also wondering what kind of placement everyone reccomends for these mics

il be taping outside at 20ft from the stage

DaryanLenz:
Probably ortf or din at that distance.  I use a bogen/manfrotto light stand that goes up to thirteen feet.  I got mine from micsupply.com.  They have a pretty large selection.  I have seen the shure stand in the field a bunch, and it looks nice as well!

Daryan

goose:
As for the stand, I highly recommend the bogen 3322B.  It goes to 13 feet, and is the new "stacker" design.  I recommend B&H photo as the retailer (let me know if I should edit out the retailer reference).  I was actually able to buy a used 3322 through their website - was just like new, but $20 cheaper than new (and their new prices are cheaper than you will find on any taper website).  http://hyperlink2.com/?201

DaryanLenz:
There ya have it.  Cool thing about ts.com, we can post retailers, which I for one, find a lot more helpful!

Good luck on the mic stand search!

Daryan

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: caymanreview on March 13, 2003, 08:40:23 PM ---just got a pair of akg 391's bought and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me a good stand for them

also wondering what kind of placement everyone reccomends for these mics

il be taping outside at 20ft from the stage

--- End quote ---

At a distance that close, run DIN, you will get a good image and nice sound.  Quite honestly, DIN will give you the best results with the 91 caps in most cases....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version