Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 54201 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »
i just used the 'phase' tool for the first time ever to repair an asymmetrical waveform on a webrip

is there anything this software can't do?

Nope; it's basically audio repair witchcraft.

I used the DeCrackle module a couple weeks ago to repair a bunch of buffer underrun errors on a direct-to-PC recording when I had set the sample buffer too low. Saved me a tense moment with my better half, because all of her vocal takes had this problem (which was my fault) and I didn't have to ask her to spend another hour or so redoing those takes.

i could see where dropped samples could repaired with vox, which is less pitch/tempo variable than some other music sources (or more complex music sources with multiple vox, instruments and percussion). lil drops are prob invisible once the 'cliffs' in waveform are removed 
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2020, 06:35:51 AM »
i just used the 'phase' tool for the first time ever to repair an asymmetrical waveform on a webrip

is there anything this software can't do?

Nope; it's basically audio repair witchcraft.

I used the DeCrackle module a couple weeks ago to repair a bunch of buffer underrun errors on a direct-to-PC recording when I had set the sample buffer too low. Saved me a tense moment with my better half, because all of her vocal takes had this problem (which was my fault) and I didn't have to ask her to spend another hour or so redoing those takes.

i could see where dropped samples could repaired with vox, which is less pitch/tempo variable than some other music sources (or more complex music sources with multiple vox, instruments and percussion). lil drops are prob invisible once the 'cliffs' in waveform are removed
I don't know that they were exactly dropped samples, but short bursts of full-spectrum distortion.  Either way, DeCrackle smoothed almost every one over until they were inaudible.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:37 PM »
I'm getting an upgrade offer to get RX 8 Standard for $99. I assume everyone that has RX7 Standard is eligible.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2021, 09:25:22 AM »
I've been using rx-7/rx-8 for a while now, and it is very inspiring to be able to enhance my old recordings  :)

For a few basic operations, I've been using an old editing software still, because I haven't found a way to do it in rx-8:

* appending one file to another (without copy/paste)
* fading levels that are a bit more advanced than fade in/out. Let's say I select a portion of the file, and want that to be faded from 80% to 100%.
* Quickly navigate by using keyboard shortcuts for zooming

Does anyone know how to do these things in rx-8? Are there plugins available that would help me? I would love to stop using the old software...
If not, what programs are you guys using for these sorts of operations? I am a mac user...

-colargol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:30:38 AM by colargol »
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2021, 10:59:33 AM »
I use Audacity and find it great for my purposes. Many here use Reaper, too.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2021, 01:19:46 PM »
Samplitude user here (even though I've also got a Reaper license).

Appending one file to another should be possible with almost any DAW. You could even merge them using foobar2000 or ffmpeg.
The second criterium sounds more like you want cross-fading with various shapes. (Worked great with a 30+ multi-track matrix recording in Samplitude. I had cross-faded and muted the individual instruments when they weren't playing. The overall noise floor of the resulting recording was much lower than the one of the instant mix.)

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2021, 05:15:31 PM »
I've been using rx-7/rx-8 for a while now, and it is very inspiring to be able to enhance my old recordings  :)

For a few basic operations, I've been using an old editing software still, because I haven't found a way to do it in rx-8:

* fading levels that are a bit more advanced than fade in/out. Let's say I select a portion of the file, and want that to be faded from 80% to 100%.

Does anyone know how to do these things in rx-8? Are there plugins available that would help me? I would love to stop using the old software...
If not, what programs are you guys using for these sorts of operations? I am a mac user...

-colargol

Longtime Reaper user here. These pages have what you want:
https://urosbaric.com/reaper-classical-music-editing
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2021, 07:05:13 AM »
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »
iZotope Ozone 9 Elements Mastering Software Suite - $19.00
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ozone9El--izotope-ozone-9-elements-mastering-suite

:hmmm:

Not affiliated with this, and don't even know if might work.....but if you get Elements for $19, you might be able to upgrade to Advanced for CHEAP.

Not too long ago I I went through this, took the upgrade offer and paid only $149, a $350 savings on the $499 retail price for Advanced.

Ozone 9 Advanced Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/izotope-ozone-9-advanced-crossgrade/

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline DavidPuddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2021, 09:43:13 AM »
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ozone9El--izotope-ozone-9-elements-mastering-suite

Not affiliated with this, and don't even know if might work.....but if you get Elements for $19, you might be able to upgrade to Advanced for CHEAP.

Not too long ago I I went through this, took the upgrade offer and paid only $149, a $350 savings on the $499 retail price for Advanced.

Yep, I bought RX7 Elements and cross-graded to Standard for $99 last year

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2021, 01:31:31 PM »

Yep, I bought RX7 Elements and cross-graded to Standard for $99 last year
There is also this RX8 Elements on sale for $19. I was wondering about buying this and upgrading cheaper. From the above it sounds like this might be possible.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RX8El--izotope-rx-8-elements-audio-repair-plug-in

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2021, 01:57:57 PM »

-colargol

1) I have not found an easy way to append one file to another. I wrote to Izotope about a year ago and told them it would be helpful to add a feature similar to Adobe Audition's "File > Append" function. Received a nice reply saying they would discuss it but so far I have not seen it in RX.

2) You might try using the "clip gain" functionality in RX. (Audacity has this functionality as well). With Clip Gain, you're able to add various "points" along the section you want to control and lower or raise the gain in steps. For example, I've used this in files that have alot of quiet banter in between songs. The artist might speak loudly and softly and it can be time consuming to balance everything out but for me it's worth the effort.

3) I'm not sure about how Izotope works for you on a mac. In windows (using RX7 standard) we can use the middle mouse wheel to zoom in and out on the file section being displayed. Another thing that can be done is to highlight a small section of the file that is showing on your screen. Hitting the UP arrow key zooms in on that highlighted section and centers it on your screen. You can do this multiple times to keep zooming or vice versa to zoom out.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »
Didn't realize OP was on MacOS.

Xact is a front end to shntool, and one can use the 'join' function in shntool to append files.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2021, 12:15:08 PM »
Xact is a front end to shntool, and one can use the 'join' function in shntool to append files.
I use this to merge files and I've double checked and it's lossless.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline DavidPuddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2021, 02:35:25 PM »
Is there a "limiter" function for RX7? I knock the highest peaks off with Audacity but would love to completely eliminate using two programs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com