Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to record hidden youtube video in highest quality?  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
How to record hidden youtube video in highest quality?
« on: December 29, 2020, 04:17:27 AM »
Video(taping) is not really my thing, so I need some help on this. I have 2 days left to record a 'livestream' on YouTube (payed for, so it is a hidden link). I already recorded the audio, but since it is such a great gig, i might as well give video a try.

What is the best way to record this? What software do I need? (pay or free).

Any recommends?
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: How to record hidden youtube video in highest quality?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 07:18:27 AM »
4k video downloader
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »
Not exactly sure what you are doing, but if it is a webcast / video stream, I recommend OBS Studio.

https://obsproject.com/
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 08:17:01 AM »
Not exactly sure what you are doing, but if it is a webcast / video stream, I recommend OBS Studio.

obs is a windowcapture and a good failsafe for streams that cant be ripped natively. Youll have to capture the window in realtime and it is resampling the data (if thats the right word for video?)

the software i mentioned is here, and is my go-to for YT

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader

you need to have to paid version to grab private (which i do). pm me a link and ill grab it for you
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »
Thanks guys! Jerry, thanks for the offer but i bought it myself and it worked brilliant! Can really recommend this for people with the same needs.

Happy 2021 for all!
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 08:47:20 AM »

obs is a windowcapture and a good failsafe for streams that cant be ripped natively. Youll have to capture the window in realtime and it is resampling the data (if thats the right word for video?)

you need to have to paid version to grab private (which i do). pm me a link and ill grab it for you

I think I misunderstood the OP. I thought they were asking about recording a livestream of themselves performing to be shared on YouTube; I didn't realize that they were trying to rip a stream already there.

I have used a few different apps for this before, but never came across this 4k Video Downloader. Looks good.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 04:01:21 AM »
My go to app is YouTube-dl.exe

It's a command line program.

Download the .exe from https://youtube-dl.org/

Also download ffmpeg-exe and put it in the same folder. It will help in some situations.

Lots of options.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 04:04:25 AM by sabre »

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 11:00:50 AM »

I thought a 'private' Youtube video was just a video that the uploader put in private mode.  So only those whom the uploader invited can watch it. 

Just so I understand your post -- are you saying that if you get the link to that private video, even though your Youtube account isn't listed as an invitee by the uploader -- you can still download that video?
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 04:07:26 PM »
I’m not sure, we can experiment

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com