Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Audio Technica AT-853 windscreens

(1/2) > >>

Karl:
Hi guys. Lost my windscreens for my AT-853. Was using the large AT8117. AT's website says they are discontinued....Sweetwater said they had them in stock, but as soon as I paid they send me an email saying they will notify me when they are in stock. Not having high hopes.

I record outside a lot. Need something that can withstand at least moderate wind. By my measurements, the AT-853's are 12mm in diameter.  The Movo's that everyone was talking about in the other thread show a minimum size of 18mm.

Any recommendations?

jagraham:
Not sure how accessible they are but I use my Church Audio dead rats with them. They fit a little bit loose but I've never had an issue running with them.

seethreepo:
Search eBay for lapel mic windscreen I got a bag of 50 or so for 5or 6 bucks. They are a tiny bit big but I use small Elastics to keep them in place. But either way compared to AT branded ones you can afford to lose a few.

nulldogmas:
I've used the AT8153 windscreens, which look to be in stock, with AT853 mics with success.

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: nulldogmas on October 07, 2021, 09:23:20 AM ---I've used the AT8153 windscreens, which look to be in stock, with AT853 mics with success.

--- End quote ---

^This. These are the ones you want. Two stage foam. Provide more wind protection than the cheaper generic ones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version