Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Servicing by Full Compass?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Servicing by Full Compass?
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:37:29 PM »
Has anyone here had service done on any equipment by Full Compass? How was their work?
Melanie and Bob

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Servicing by Full Compass?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 06:11:55 PM »
They've generally been decent to work with for me, but one time they fought me on a refund for a recorder they couldn't fix under warranty, but they were willing to credit my purchase amount towards an upgrade.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 10:46:02 AM »
They've generally been decent to work with for me, but one time they fought me on a refund for a recorder they couldn't fix under warranty, but they were willing to credit my purchase amount towards an upgrade.

Same experience here, but 25 years ago. Something new that was DOA, insisted on fixing it rather than replacing. Fucked up policy.  I yelled at a bunch of people there. Got my new product in hand and working several months after buying it.

Had the same experience with Circuit City once. They kept attempting a repair so long they eventually claimed the item was out of warranty.  Seriously. Would not refund.  I took around 200 blank cassettes instead, emptied their bin. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:49:10 AM by EmRR »
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 11:54:11 AM »
Thanks for info, I'll prob. go with a local Tascam approved repair facility in Seattle, that way it's a face to face deal. If it's too expensive I'll attempt repair myself since I am buying another one used from rippleish and will have the time. Hopefully I'll be able to get an estimate based solely on description of issue ( loose USB port). Bob (and Melanie)
Melanie and Bob

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 12:57:45 PM »
I heard back from Full Compass, I would have to order a new sub board with the USB port already mounted, $139.00, ouch! They recommended I by a used one for $399.00 at Reverb, with labor it would be close if not exceeding $399. I already located one here for $270, a great deal. When it arrives I will attempt disassembly, if successful I will order the board. One of our helpful members e-mailed me the service manual, I won't be out anything if I screw up disassembly. Hopefully I have just broken solder joints (a long shot) and won't need the board. Bob
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com