Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3, iriver... in Europe  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Fiona

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
JB3, iriver... in Europe
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:25:42 PM »
Hi, could you please enlighten me...

I'd like to buy an hd recorder that's

- max $400 or 300 euros, the cheaper the better,
- very good for recording in wav and mp3 formats (i don't need fm radio, digital camera...),
- easy to use when transfering files to computer, preferably linux-compatible.

I've read a lot of posts on your very informative forums and it seems that jb3 is the best option. But problem is I can't find it in Europe. I keep getting 'creative jukebox zen'... is this jukebox zen good as well? I've read on your jb3 faq that only jb3 is good for recording. But would there be newer creative/nomad products that might be good for recording as well?

Another thing is that jb3 works only on windows. Are there other brands that you would recommend?

And then I also need a mic that's

- max $150 or 120 euros, and
- good for recording classical (operatic) voice. A guitarist has told me that her mic was good only for lower frequencies... which one is good for singers then?

I've read on a classical singers forum that many of them use sony ecm ms907. What do you think about it? Are there better and cheaper alternatives to this?

Thank you for your time. Your help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Offline Numbness For Sound

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Numbness For Sound
Re: JB3, iriver... in Europe
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 02:42:22 PM »
With regards to the JB3 Fiona, I just picked one up on ebay for £74.99 so you could maybe have a search there? It's a used one I won but is meant to be in good condition (haven't received it yet so can't confirm!) and that's a decent price.
AKG 391s > Beyer Dynamic MV50 > JB3

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 03:01:44 PM »
Fiona, there is limited support for the JB3 in Linux, specifically via USB (no firewire :()

Look thru this thread (Post your linux links here), its there somewhere, there also might be newer projects on sourceforge!
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 03:18:20 PM »
check the creative labs store on ebay. they have refurb jb3s for $139 USA and will most likely ship to europe. also, you're going to need something in between the mic(s) and jb3. at least a battery box of some sort...i have no clue about that type of mic, but would suggest the at831s or at853s if you're trying to stay under $150...
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline Fiona

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 07:15:04 AM »
Gremlin Gizmo, npsinboro, Jon,

Thank you so much for all the tips.

Just mailed creative labs and other sellers on ebay and they don't ship to Europe. :(

But I found it on creative labs europe... more expensive though. $266 but with free creative travelsound.

Will consider your recommendations about the mic and battery box and the linux thread. Thanks again!!! :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com