Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps Actives no signal-update and ????  (Read 4479 times)

SHKDWN

• Trade Count: (0)
Schoeps Actives no signal-update and ????
« on: July 16, 2003, 03:20:24 PM »
I posted on the Oade board as well, but maybe you guys can help as well. http://

As a follow up:
Recap..I am getting no signal via one channel when running Mk4>kc5>cmc6>M 118>xlr>Panasonic 255, but when I plug the 64 directly into the 118 I get signal in both channels.

I cleaned all the connections, caps, bodies, etc.  I have narrowed it down to 1 of the cmc6 bodies not "activating" or sending the signal (is that correct language?) to the DAT when using the Kc5 active cables.   It was suggested that I try another pre amp, one that uses 48 V phantom.   So, I have an Sonosax, another complete set of mk4>kc5>cmc6 to test with.  I plugged my problem body into the Sax and it sends signal fine. I have used every combo of pieces parts and it isn't the pre amps, actives, or the caps.    

The only conclusion I can come up with is that the one "problem" body does not activate or like to be plugged into a 18 V Oade m118.   I have used the 4>kc5>6>118 combo for the past year and it worked fine.  One day it just stops.

Thoughts?  Could there be something wrong in the cmc6 body that has stopped it from switching between the 12-48V power, depending on the pre that you use?  I have no clue what to do at this point?

thanks,
nate

Offline wboswell

• Needs to get out more...
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
Re:Schoeps Actives no signal-update and ????
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 03:25:34 PM »
Nate-
why not just send the box to Doug and have him mod it to 48v?  Lots of folks have had this done...  Trey's beloved box was once a m118.  The guts of the box are identicle, just the voltage is changed.  That could be an easy fix...

Or you could get the cmc6 bodies serviced by schoeps.

-William

Offline Wes

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 03:34:33 PM »
If you bought your cmc6 from a U.S. dealer you should be covered for free repair.  But, if you bought it outside the U.S. go ahead and kick yourself in the ass for not spending that extra $50, b/c you have no warranty.  If you did buy out of the US it will probably be much cheaper to send the oade box off and have it stepped up to a 148.
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

SHKDWN

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 03:36:51 PM »
Nate-
why not just send the box to Doug and have him mod it to 48v?  Lots of folks have had this done...

That is one way to solve the problem...thanks will.    Anyone know what this would cost?

Does anyone understand  how a cmc6 body functions?  Could the part of the body that does the switching between 12-48 V get locked onto a certain volt or lose the ability to switch?

Anyone want the Roo ABB show....Will has them for sale for $7700....funny stuff.

thanks,
Nate

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 03:40:54 PM »
nate i think it was around 200-250, but I had alot done at once, new internals put in and so forth, just drop him an email
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

SHKDWN

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 03:48:23 PM »
If you bought your cmc6 from a U.S. dealer you should be covered for free repair.  But, if you bought it outside the U.S. go ahead and kick yourself in the ass for not spending that extra $50, b/c you have no warranty.  

It's $50 dollars now...since Scheops finally got smart and packaged their products accordingly and the US$ is so weak vs. the Euro.  For a long time it was a very significant difference in price.  Glad Schoeps finally got on the ball.    There is no question, if you were to buy a new set of Schoeps, buy from a US person....it's well worth the warranty.  

SHKDWN

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 03:51:16 PM »
nate i think it was around 200-250, but I had alot done at once, new internals put in and so forth, just drop him an email

Thanks for the heads up Pops.   I could also...sell both sv255's and the Oade...and buy a V3.   Effective cost of the V3 could be reduced way down ;-)................waiting on quotes right now.

Nate

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 05:50:19 PM »
Nate,

Have we ruled out operator error yet?  Or better yet, the Fischer Jedi Mind Trick?

Eric
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

SHKDWN

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 07:31:43 PM »
Nate,

Have we ruled out operator error yet?  Or better yet, the Fischer Jedi Mind Trick?

Eric

Unless I was so spun out in my living room this morning when i set up the rig at 9 am, for the 30th time, and didn't realize Golden Girls was on the TV and that is what I was trying to tape......I think we can rule out any type of operator error or Jedi Mind tricks.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 05:18:03 AM »
Nate, you still have a warranty if purchased overseas. Doug mentioned this in the past b/c some retailers were claiming the lack of warranty if purchased overseas.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

SHKDWN

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 06:30:29 PM »
Nate, you still have a warranty if purchased overseas. Doug mentioned this in the past b/c some retailers were claiming the lack of warranty if purchased overseas.

They were bought overseas, back in 00.  Should I speak with Redding Audio?      The 18V circuitry in one of the bodies is definately gone bad.

Thanks
Nate

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 06:55:12 PM »
selling the oade? talk to me first!!
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

SHKDWN

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2003, 09:08:44 PM »
selling the oade? talk to me first!!

Technically the Oade 118 only partially belongs to me... I am the only one that has used it, since the actual owner used it as a door stop from at least 96- Spring 02.    Once I make the move back to Columbus..I'll see what he wants to do with it...and you'll be the first in line if he wants to sell it.

I am on the V3 team...that little beatch ROCKS.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com