Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: *Newbie* Info on recorders/input and output jacks  (Read 1709 times)

Offline martay27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
*Newbie* Info on recorders/input and output jacks
« on: July 31, 2005, 02:38:38 AM »
Greetings all,

First of all, this is my first post in TS, and I'd just like to write that the forum is great.  I've been reading hundreds of posts for about 7 hours now regarding different digital recorders and getting started as a new recording enthusiast.  What a hobby!!

To my question(s):
1.  I have failed to find a post dealing with the extreme basics of a recorder such as:  what is line in/out, optical in, S/PDIF, RCA, are there different types of cables when hooking the recorder to different components(mics, soundboards, preamps, etc)...you get my point(major idiot, i know).  But this info will be helpful in my decision toward a player and components, and maybe I'm just not searching the right terminology.

2.  In regards to digital recorders, I've read tons of reviews in TS on different players, the pros and cons etc., and I guess I just need the opinions of all you experts: I'm interested in recording using mics and patching off soundboards, and I want the device to be stealth and play at 24-bit(small with quality sound basically).  I also would like to have the ability of being able to switch out batteries(lit-ion or AA) during a show(unlike the new M-audio flash tracker that is getting quite the buzz), along with storage media(I like CF cards).  I haven't seen anything yet that fits that description for a recorder, but maybe you guys know of one that's perfect for me.

Thanks to everyone that can help out.

jessedscott

• Trade Count: (0)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com