Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another Transfering question.  (Read 5219 times)

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Another Transfering question.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
what is bad about the coresound 7-pin's? is it because the male insert is very fragile?

It does not fit right.  It was laid out with square pins with spacing in inches when it should have round pins with spacing in millimeters.  Just don't push it all the way in and you'll do OK, but it's a less than optimum solution for sure.  If you push it all the way in, you'll ruin the 7 pin recepticle on your DAT.

There have been many, many discussions of this problem and it just blows me away that the folks at Core Sounds don't fix it.  They could have the best value solution out there, but they choose to be the reason for the most failed 7 pin connectors on the planet.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Depechemode1993

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another Transfering question.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 10:58:18 AM »
what is bad about the coresound 7-pin's? is it because the male insert is very fragile?

It does not fit right.  It was laid out with square pins with spacing in inches when it should have round pins with spacing in millimeters.  Just don't push it all the way in and you'll do OK, but it's a less than optimum solution for sure.  If you push it all the way in, you'll ruin the 7 pin recepticle on your DAT.

There have been many, many discussions of this problem and it just blows me away that the folks at Core Sounds don't fix it.  They could have the best value solution out there, but they choose to be the reason for the most failed 7 pin connectors on the planet.

shit! I already did that!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com