Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

weird... any ideas?

(1/3) > >>

Tim:
So I got out my gear to go tape a show tonight and I cannot get my D8 to get signal from my MMe.

The bodies are plugged into the mme, phantom power is on, set at 16/48k.

I can play a tape from my DA-20 and get levels on the D8 and I can plug the spdif out of the MME into the DA-20 and get levels.

I'm just getting no love from my mme->d8. I've tried hitting record and then plugging in the oade cable. I've tried powering down the deck completely, leaving the oade plugged in and the mme running and turning on the d8. Still no love. Hmmmm I'm a bit perplexed at this point. I'm going to use the wall wart power with the D8 and see what happens. I can't imagine that would do anything but I'm desperate.

Looks like I should just by a DA-P1  ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

phriendlyguy:
sounds like an oade issue.  my first one fryed for no reason, so i bought a back up, and haven't had trouble with either on.

Tim:
This is just so weird. I have used my minime succesfully with my 7pin and D8 a few times but had not used the pair for a few weeks. Got them out on Wed. night, plugged everything in and got a 'No Input' from the d8.

I ran the minime into one of my da20's and got signal from both the coax output and the aes output of the minime. I then ran da20->d8 and got signal on the d8 with no problem. After a few days of trying I am still getting the same results. Thinking that perhaps the da20 is just putting out more juice than the minime I tried splitting the output from my da20 in an effort to reduce the signal output and the d8 still gets signal just fine.

I'm starting to get annoyed and I felt the need to vent.. I think it's the Oade but why would it work with my da20 and not my minime???

Tim

twoodruff:

--- Quote from: Tim on November 30, 2002, 05:01:43 PM ---This is just so weird. I have used my minime succesfully with my 7pin and D8 a few times but had not used the pair for a few weeks. Got them out on Wed. night, plugged everything in and got a 'No Input' from the d8.

I ran the minime into one of my da20's and got signal from both the coax output and the aes output of the minime. I then ran da20->d8 and got signal on the d8 with no problem. After a few days of trying I am still getting the same results. Thinking that perhaps the da20 is just putting out more juice than the minime I tried splitting the output from my da20 in an effort to reduce the signal output and the d8 still gets signal just fine.

I'm starting to get annoyed and I felt the need to vent.. I think it's the Oade but why would it work with my da20 and not my minime???

Tim

--- End quote ---

w00k

t

Tim:
this one slid under my radar... I'd fire back but Trey is hooking me up on NYE.. come January 2nd though I'm flaming his ass!

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version