Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I popped my 26/96 cherry, now i need help  (Read 2621 times)

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
I popped my 26/96 cherry, now i need help
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:40:44 AM »
ko,
So i taped delf lastnight using vegas at 24/96 via the UA-5. all went well
now i have these wav64 files that im not real sure what to do with. I can see in vegas how to insert markers and or regions but no obvious way how to split the files up. when rendering to PCM wav i get the error "exeeds the file size".

I tried to open these files in Wavelab but i got a dialog box that asked me what sampleing rate and bitdepth, i got a bit nervous there as i dont think i want to resample.

My desired end result is to cut this up to tracks, Flac and then burn a dvd-a with that new spiffy program.

some help please if you could

thanks in advance.

Don

the show is over go home please.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
Re: I popped my 26/96 cherry, now i need help
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:46:51 AM »
Don -
the latest version of CD Wave will open up .w64 files directly.  use that to track it out and you should be all set.  just be sure, when you are saving the new 24 bit wav files, to check "use alternate 24-bit format".  in CD Wave, if you do NOT check that, it'll use a different format developed by Microsoft.  so check that off, and you'll be all set.

and in case you didn't see Scott's program, the thread is in this forum (look for "DVD-Audiofile")
you can also download the latest version of that one from my website (http://24bit.turtleside.com)

oh, and I was just thinking, because you weren't using the jb3, all 4 of us were recording at 24 bit.  cool, huh?

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 12:49:37 PM »
way cool,

Thanks Jason, I think im gonna retire the JB3 to just recording jam sessions and what not. I think im gonna stick with this 24 bit thing for a while.

+t

yep got the info on scotts app

thanks scott

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
ok now....

got cd wave opend up and it dont like a file over 4 gigs.  ugh what do i do cut and past into a new file?

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 01:04:32 PM »

You'll be able to recover this file.  Download this - it's a  command line program
http://www.shoptheozarks.com/GGM/audiohck.zip

Unzip it and put it into the root of a drive along with your corrupted file (I say put it in a root because it makes it easier to find).

Open a command prompt (start, run, 'cmd') and go to the location with the files.
Type "audiohack" and follow the prompts - enter the original file name and 2 output names.  You might find it easiest to just rename your original file something simple to ease the command line pain.

This awesome utility is fast and it will correct your wave headers and split the file so it doesn't violate the 2 gig limit.  If it's less than 2 gigs, you can just delete the second file.  Let us know how you do!

david

oh yeah, one quirk of the program is it doesn't keep the dos screen rolling and if you use it more than once it looks confusing.  Just type 'cls' to clear the screen (remember that from the old DOS days?)

This prog should split the file into 2 parts...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 01:06:26 PM by Scooter »
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:32:24 PM »
damn, jason is like my own 1 man marketing team :)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 04:11:17 PM »
damn, jason is like my own 1 man marketing team :)

I'd market it even more if you could choose the name of the ISO file (instead of just "image.iso").  and also if it would automatically delete the Audio_TS and Video_TS directory after the ISO was created.  :: hint hint ::  but seriously, it just seems like questions about DVD-Audio have come up in several threads over the past few days. (actually, to be honest, Don had already mentioned your program last night at the show anyway)

and since using DVD-Audiofile, I haven't used Discwelder once.  you're GUI is easier to use than Discwelder Bronze.  With discwelder, you can't drag and drop, so you have to add each track individually.  it's a lot easier to just highlight all the tracks and drag them in, instead of one at a time.  Also, you're programs takes either FLAC or WAV files.  Also, with Bronze, it only lets you create one group.  with your program, I can put each set into a different group.   ;D

and, I just noticed this:
I popped my 26/96 cherry, now i need help
hmm, Don, didn't know the UA5 was capable of 26 bit  :P

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 04:14:39 PM »
i really dig the program too ;D.  The only reason i use others is when i want to add pics/menus.  i take my digi cam to most shows, so i've always got pics to go w/ the dvd...  if scott's prog had pic capabilty, i'd use it even more :-*
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 04:53:31 PM »

I'd market it even more if you could choose the name of the ISO file (instead of just "image.iso").  and also if it would automatically delete the Audio_TS and Video_TS directory after the ISO was created.  :: hint hint :: 

i just took a few minutes to put those changes in before leaving for the weekend.  i'll do a little testing sometime this weekend and get it out soon

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com