Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Power Runner...which is the one for me?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline macroint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Jeff's List
Power Runner...which is the one for me?
« on: June 20, 2006, 04:13:45 PM »
PR-2310: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=919 ($90)

PR-2100: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1284 ($50)

Wanna use it to power the PS-2 and AD-20 (both run on 9v's)....
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Power Runner...which is the one for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:11:01 PM »
the pr-2310 has a much higher capacity (about 4 times for about twice the cost)

at 9V the pr-2100 only has about 1 Ah where as the 2310 is said to have about 4 Ah (4000 mAh) not sure what the draw is for the ad-20 and ps-2 but i would think that 1000 mAh (1 Ah) wouldn't really power them for too long.
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
I use the 2310 Power Runner and highly recomend it......It seems to last forever and can be adjusted from 3V to 12V, so it can power just about everything....Good Luck
Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline mwz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 04:52:40 PM »

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 03:14:58 PM »
The 2310 is great. It runs forever and is easy to use.

I only wish with all the adapter plugs that it comes with, it had the USB mini to use it with the Microtrack. I emailed the company about this, but never heard back.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline mwz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »
The 2310 is great. It runs forever and is easy to use.

I only wish with all the adapter plugs that it comes with, it had the USB mini to use it with the Microtrack. I emailed the company about this, but never heard back.

Radio Shack adapta plug and the correct end of a usb cable does the trick for me.

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »
I've owned 3 of each type. The 2310's are great. They last forever and I've never had any problems. the 2100's are basically useless for taping. Of the three 2100s I owned one would power a JB3 for 30 minutes. The second would power a jb3 for about 2 hours and the third flat out didn't work on any device i tried it on. I returned all three of them. Unreliable and not enough juice.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »
one of the lithium-ion dvd player batteries (i.e. the "walmart" battery) will do pretty much the same thing for FAR less $$$$ -- I picked mine up directly from an ebay seller (see the ebay sales thread) for $26.50 shipped.

Offline poppag76

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
one of the lithium-ion dvd player batteries (i.e. the "walmart" battery) will do pretty much the same thing for FAR less $$$$ -- I picked mine up directly from an ebay seller (see the ebay sales thread) for $26.50 shipped.

However, you overlook one excellent quality of the power runner.  The ability to switch volts.  I loved that thing because I could run either my DAT which is 6 volt, or my jb3 which is 5 or my ua-5 which is 9.  That power runner is the smartest taping purchase I have made and have been thinking of dumping the dvd battery for another power runner and using the dvd battery as a ua-5 backup.
Berliner CM33->USBPre2->HD-P2(busman modded)

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 04:11:19 PM »

[/quote]
However, you overlook one excellent quality of the power runner.  The ability to switch volts.  I loved that thing because I could run either my DAT which is 6 volt, or my jb3 which is 5 or my ua-5 which is 9.  That power runner is the smartest taping purchase I have made and have been thinking of dumping the dvd battery for another power runner and using the dvd battery as a ua-5 backup.
[/quote]

Very true and a powerrunner makes it very easy to address your various devices' power needs.  Question for you -- can the powerrunner supply different voltages simultaneously, or do you need one powerrunner per voltage need? 

Note, however, that my initial email was responding to a request from a person looking for a nine volt solution only. 

Offline poppag76

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »
Now that would be sweet, but no, the power runner can only power the one source.  Damn things are expensive, but two should do just about anyone right.
Berliner CM33->USBPre2->HD-P2(busman modded)

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »
Can you run the PR-2310 and split it power two devices at the same time?  Macroint's original post was to power both the PS2 and AD20.  Can this be done?

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »
From the looks of the connectors you could pick up a Adaptaplug Y-Cable Extension from Radio Shack.

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com