Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Squeezebox replacement ?

(1/4) > >>

Nick's Picks:
my classic squeezebox finally seems to be dying.   It has served me well for over a decade.
So, I have no clue what a decent replacement is these days.   Any recommendations ?

kindms:

--- Quote from: Nick's Picks on December 13, 2019, 10:23:08 AM ---my classic squeezebox finally seems to be dying.   It has served me well for over a decade.
So, I have no clue what a decent replacement is these days.   Any recommendations ?

--- End quote ---

If you already are running the server there is an app for amazon fire sticks. you install the app and then control the server with a web browser on your phone or computer.

Biggest questions are what connections are you using to the amp / pre ? You could also go the raspberry pi route.

Gordon:
firetv option would only help me if the duet on my main system went out.  wouldn't solve anything if my kitchen boom went out.  the boom on my deck blew a sub which I'm going to attempt to replace.

kindms:

--- Quote from: Gordon on December 13, 2019, 02:49:31 PM ---firetv option would only help me if the duet on my main system went out.  wouldn't solve anything if my kitchen boom went out.  the boom on my deck blew a sub which I'm going to attempt to replace.

--- End quote ---

raspberry pi solution would work for that i would imagine

Colin Liston:
Here's an option. I don't have one but they look interesting.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-wb40a-wi-fi-bluetooth-multi-room-2x20w-amplifier-with-ir-remote-and-app-contr--300-3821

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version