Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for all options on a new recording unit  (Read 7735 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Looking for all options on a new recording unit
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 08:49:56 PM »
the digi mod means you can use it w/o having the usb connected (which you want)

the batt you could put together from radio shack stuff for 20-40 bucks including charger

you would go sbd to either 1/4", XLR or RCA in, set your levels on whatever you used for your a/d and then use an optical cable that terminates in a 1/8" optical end to go into your jb3

Looking at 20 bucks or so for an opti cable.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 08:56:07 PM »
The UA-5 digi mod one for sell...what is the digi mod?  Also, what about a power source for it?  Says it doesn't come with a batt...how much are we talking?

Ahem.  :P  Check the UA5 FAQ in the Archival Forum.

I assume the line would go SBD > analog cable > a/d > ??? > JB3...what kind of cable do I need between the a/d and JB3?  Will it have to be an optical cable and how much would that be?  Thanks.

Ahem.  :P   Check the JB3 FAQ in the Archival Forum.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 08:57:10 PM »
forgot about the battery question.  It depends on how long you are wanting to power it.  nickspicks.com has a nice DIY battery tutorial, very easy to follow, although I would suggest getting the NiMH batteries at 3000mah instead of the 1000 or 1800 he has listed, you will get much more time out of them.  I think you can pick up the whole package from batteryspace.com, including 2 3000mah NiMH batteries + the smart charger(get smart charger instead of other, only 8$ diff) for 58$.  or you can go SLA rout if you don't mind the extra weight.  I personally would go rc packs becuase they are much smaller, and your not powering mics.  WHICH, since you arent..you might could be fine with 1800mah, since no phantom power...someone else will have to chime in on that part.

yardsale   two 9.6V 1800 batteries $15.00  could get charger from rat shack for cheap...
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=16261
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 09:05:20 PM by razorback »
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 08:59:23 PM »
uh oh...police come cheking the forums!   :instagib:  if you can't find what you are looking fo rin the FAQ's PM me...I have read so much stuff about ua5/jb3 lately i think i could write a book!!!
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline phishmarisol

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team MP3 Baby
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 09:22:39 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys.  I would want to power it for 3 hours, give or take.  Pretty sure I will be getting that UA-5 if it is around tommorow still...got to get my money right. :)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 09:23:43 PM »
uh oh...police come cheking the forums!   :instagib:  if you can't find what you are looking fo rin the FAQ's PM me...I have read so much stuff about ua5/jb3 lately i think i could write a book!!!

No, no...if you can't find what you're looking for, post it in the forum!!  That way others may find the information useful.  Pointing people to the FAQs is not intended to drive questions into PMs and off the board, but rather allow people to help themselves and focus the questions a bit, that's all.   :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 09:26:04 PM »
I know Brian...i was just yanking your chain.  The reason I went to pm's is becuase I think I had answered all of the questions, and if anything else was to come up, it would more htan likely be a more specific question than something  needed in the forums.  damn police! :minigun: :rockets:
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline phishmarisol

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team MP3 Baby
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 01:26:52 AM »
the digi mod means you can use it w/o having the usb connected (which you want)

Does this apply to the warm mod as well?

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 02:27:59 AM »
yes, when you buy a warm mod ua5, it is also "digi modded" too

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com