Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R1 - FF and RWD  (Read 2929 times)

Offline wando

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R1 - FF and RWD
« on: October 26, 2005, 10:39:16 AM »
Hi guys,

I am looking for a replacement to my MD for portable recording.
I record mainly African drums and often I do so at workshops. It is essential that at any stage I am able to listen to a specific part of the recorded track and the track itself can be rather long (2-3 hours).
Can any user of the R1 please let me know if it is possible (and easy) to fast forward and rewind within a track during playback?
The manual does not make any mention of this.

Any other solid state gear suggestion?
The MIcrotrack would fit the bill but the internal battery is a no-no as sometimes I could be on the field (occasionally litterally) for as long as a week.

Thanks for your attention.
Stefano

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R1 - FF and RWD
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:29:37 AM »
The MIcrotrack would fit the bill but the internal battery is a no-no as sometimes I could be on the field (occasionally litterally) for as long as a week.

Don't have an answer on the R1 question, but it's easy enough to run the MicroTrack from an external power source:  AA, Li-Ion, SLA, etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 11:39:01 AM »
You can hold down the FF/REW button on the r-1, and it basically does what a "search" button does on a CD.  So I think the answer to your question is "yes".

FWIW, I love the R-1, with the limited experience I have with it.  The only beefs I have w/ it are:

a) the lack of digi input (I wouldn't use it anyway, but it would be more versatile if it had one...)
b) no sample rates higher than 44.1khz when recording a 24bit wav file.

Otherwise, I think its a totally solid peice of gear.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline wando

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:48:16 AM »
Thank you all. It would seem that either of the two could work for me.

Brian, how do you run the microtrack on AA cells? I presume you need a separate piece of kit?

T, looking at the manual and at the images of the R1 I cannot see a FF/RWD button. Which button are you talking about? I wonder why it is not mentioned in the manual....

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 11:52:03 AM »
how do you run the microtrack on AA cells? I presume you need a separate piece of kit?

Yup.  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51864.0
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline wando

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 11:53:27 AM »
Doooh. I just made another search on the R1's manual and IT DOES mention fast forward and rewind (next and prev buttons).  :o

Dopey or what..... ::)

Sorry guys. I guess I have my answer.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »
T, looking at the manual and at the images of the R1 I cannot see a FF/RWD button. Which button are you talking about? I wonder why it is not mentioned in the manual....

Sorry, the ones labeled "next" and "prev"    ;)
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 11:56:28 AM »
a) the lack of digi input (I wouldn't use it anyway, but it would be more versatile if it had one...)

The biggest issues are the 2GB file size limit and the single level display. But I've learned to live with them.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:00:04 PM »

The biggest issues are the 2GB file size limit and the single level display. But I've learned to live with them.

Yeah, those suck too... If they just kicked up the max sample rate, I'd be extremely happy.  Right now, I'm just really happy.
 :)

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline dwissl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 10:01:23 AM »
Yes, you can fast forward and rewind with the R1. But you don't hear anything while doing it! For me, this is only half as good as Minidisc style cue review. The iRiver hard disk recorders offer the best cue / review I know on a digital none-MD recorder. You can hear sound while cuing and reviewing and you can set the speed, four speeds are available.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com