Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stereo mic with low noise ... - anyone tried Talinga?  (Read 12917 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Stereo mic with low noise ...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »

I have now fixed with phantompower so no need for batterypowered mic anymore. any more suggestions for a good stereomic for max 600 dollars.

Studio Projects LSD2
Busman BSCS-L

You'll need gain though. They pick up all sorts of stuff, but their output sensitivity is only -40db. (you should pull the specs on both, I'm primarily referencing the BSCS-L with my comments though).
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline notlance

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
I own a Studio Projects LSD2 and it's a fine mic, but I don't know if I'd use it for nature/soundscape recordings.  First of all, it's not super quiet, especially for a LDC.  Secondly, it's a BIG mic and I would not want to be lugging it around outdoors.

You might want to consider the Audio Technica BP4025.  It's phantom power only, a little quieter than a 825 or a 4022, with higher output.

If you want to take a chance, the MXL V67Q is about $200 street.  It appears to be a couple of 603/991/generic Chinese SDC capsules mounted in an XY configuration in a V67 body.  On paper it looks good, and perhaps with a mod from Busman or Michael Joly it could be a real sleeper.  Like I say, it's a gamble.

Or save your pennies and get something out of the Sennheiser MKH line: very quiet, very high output, very smooth, very expensive.

Offline perik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »
anyone who got any experience with these michropones:
http://telinga.thestrandbergs.com/

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 03:34:14 AM »
CX231 for my fieldrecordings:
http://www.juicedlink.com/index_files/CX_camcorder_XLR_microphone_adapter_audio_mixers.htm

I have been waiting for someone to buy one of these...interested in your thoughts (do you have it or thinking of it?).

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,105636.0.html

digifish
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:36:13 AM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 05:23:43 AM »
anyone who got any experience with these michropones:
http://telinga.thestrandbergs.com/

Which ones? The non-parabolic EM23-PIP? They have the same capsules as the Nakamichi CM-100 and CM-300, the ones from Primo. Clas Strandberg/Telinga uses a different impedance converter giving a hotter output. These are not intended for very high-SPL. EM-23 is omni. Primo also have EM-21 which are cardioid.

Roger

Offline perik

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Stereo mic with low noise ... - anyone tried Talinga?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »
Which ones?
DATmic Stereo
PRO7 or Pro5

- How are their signal to noise?
- model with batterypower and balanced xlr output?
- how do they sound? I mainly gonna use them for fieldrecording and ambience, foley for sounddesign for film. So im not gonna use it for recording concerts or any of these kind of "loud sounds".
- also need high sensitivity (have just got +45dB in gain of my preamp for fieldrecording so good if it´s have low sensitivity)

are there any specs somewhere?
interested in your thoughts (do you have it or thinking of it?).
so far so good. just bought it so havnt tried it so much yet but Im going to do a small test next week I think. I can share my thoughts when its done. if you wont hear from me in a couple of weeks just post and give me a reminder.

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »
Are they not for use with parabolics? The only non-parabolic used to be the EM-23.

My own Nakamichi microphones have a lower output than the Telinga EM-23. I use to have peaks at 108dB while recording acoustic music, giving an output of 25mV. With my equipment 40dB of gain is needed to get 0dBFS. That is 2450mV or +10dBu. Nominal output is 5.1mV/Pa. I have tried to record some outdoor ambiance with 30dB of gain. The Telinga EM-23 is a lot hotter. Clas Strandberg was not able to give me exact technical information. Here are some links:

http://www.naturesongs.com/Telinga.html

http://www.uwm.edu/%7Etype/audio-reports/MicSpecCharts/Mics_16dBA.htm

Roger Gustavsson, Huskvarna, Sweden

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
  • There is nothing you can hold, for very long.
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
RE Talinga, are you referring to the "Big Ears" like on the side of the football field, but the smaller ones you roll up? I don't think they would be any good for music...

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 03:43:15 AM »
RE Talinga, are you referring to the "Big Ears" like on the side of the football field, but the smaller ones you roll up? I don't think they would be any good for music...

It seems that he is not going to use them for recording music....

I mainly gonna use them for fieldrecording and ambience, foley for sounddesign for film. So im not gonna use it for recording concerts or any of these kind of "loud sounds".

Offline perik

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
no exactly. mainly for fieldrecording thats going to be used for sounddesign.

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »
Are they not for use with parabolics? The only non-parabolic used to be the EM-23.

My own Nakamichi microphones have a lower output than the Telinga EM-23. I use to have peaks at 108dB while recording acoustic music, giving an output of 25mV. With my equipment 40dB of gain is needed to get 0dBFS. That is 2450mV or +10dBu. Nominal output is 5.1mV/Pa. I have tried to record some outdoor ambiance with 30dB of gain. The Telinga EM-23 is a lot hotter. Clas Strandberg was not able to give me exact technical information. Here are some links:

http://www.naturesongs.com/Telinga.html

http://www.uwm.edu/%7Etype/audio-reports/MicSpecCharts/Mics_16dBA.htm

Roger Gustavsson, Huskvarna, Sweden
The Telinga website compares their mic to Sennheiser KE6.  I'm guessing the Sennheiser sounds better.  Hard to tell from the single clip posted, but the EM23 capsules are not that great, at least as far as modern mics are concerned.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 04:47:19 AM »
But I think this is the microphone that is the subject not the parabolic ones.

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
Yes, they are omnis... :) But are the other from Telinga really stereo mics?

Offline choros

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 07:19:57 AM »
not to mention the Rode NT4 can use the Studio Projects C4 hyper capsule for even more of a wider directional pattern......   The companies both trace their origins to the same Chinese manufacture, having identical threads and compatability....  :-)

Again - just for future reference - this is wrong. ASFAIK the NT4 capsules are permanently attached to the body and can NOT be changed out with others like the NT5's can.
I'm doing stereo mic research and would be bummed if I bought the NT4 expecting to be able to interchange the capsules only to find that I can't.

Offline FrozenSounds

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 09:53:57 AM »
Agan - just for future reference - this is wrong. ASFAIK the NT4 capsules are permanently attached to the body and can NOT be changed out with others like the NT5's can.
I'm doing stereo mic research and would be bummed if I bought the NT4 expecting to be able to interchange the capsules only to find that I can't.
http://www.rodemic.com/accessory.php?product=NT45-C
NT45-Cardioid : Compatible microphones : NT4, NT5, NT55, NT6
The NT45-C is a replacement cardioid capsule for the NT4, NT5, NT55 or NT6 microphones.

SD702 MKH30/40 ; LS-10 NTG-2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com