Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ck930 capsules screw off?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline nicegrin

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
ck930 capsules screw off?
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »
Hi!

Wondering if the ck930 capsule (part A in the pic) is possible to screw off from the gridtube part (B) or if it´s soldered to it.

Thanks N

Toy Box:

MICS:

Omnis:  6xNevaton MCE400s, Countryman b3s (modded), MM HLSOs (4.7K mod), Aevox in ear MK2s, CA-11s
Cards:   Schoeps MK4s with Schoeps CMRS, Milab VM-44 Links, SP CMC-8,  AT853, Sennheiser MKE 104, MM HLSC-1s, ECM-717
Hypers: AKG CK93s (modded), SP CMC-8, AT853, Audix 1280s (Church actives).

INBETWEEN: Naiant Tinybox (CMR mod), Naiant Tinybox (p48 mod), Naiant PFA, CA-9100, CA Ugly, Denecke PS-2 mini, MM-MBM, MM-CBM, SP SPSB-8, custom nuetrik XLR to TRS cables, 5 pin to 5 pin extension cable. 

DECKS: A10, M10, R05, Tascam DR-05, R09-HR , MT2, Sharp MS-H702, MZ-R 70.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: ck930 capsules screw off?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
yes, it definitely screws off.  If you look in the manual, you need to unscrew the cap to access the 0db / -15dB switch.

edit to clarify:

in your picture, part B unscrews from part C, and that is where the -15dB switch is.  I don't know if part A unscrews from part B.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:13:46 PM by JasonSobel »

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »
yes, it definitely screws off.  If you look in the manual, you need to unscrew the cap to access the 0db / -15dB switch.

edit to clarify:

in your picture, part B unscrews from part C, and that is where the -15dB switch is.  I don't know if part A unscrews from part B.

I don't think A is intended to come apart from B. The only piece that comes apart is B and C as far as I know.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline nicegrin

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
Yes, the reason I named these parts A,B,C is that my impression is that you can screw off B from C (which you do to access the attenuator switch!) but my impression is that A is soldered to B! The reason I´m asking is that a person at beyer said the MC caps would work with the CK setup...

Toy Box:

MICS:

Omnis:  6xNevaton MCE400s, Countryman b3s (modded), MM HLSOs (4.7K mod), Aevox in ear MK2s, CA-11s
Cards:   Schoeps MK4s with Schoeps CMRS, Milab VM-44 Links, SP CMC-8,  AT853, Sennheiser MKE 104, MM HLSC-1s, ECM-717

INBETWEEN: Naiant Tinybox (CMR mod), Naiant Tinybox (p48 mod), Naiant PFA, CA-9100, CA Ugly, Denecke PS-2 mini, MM-MBM, MM-CBM, SP SPSB-8, custom nuetrik XLR to TRS cables, 5 pin to 5 pin extension cable. 

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
Yes, the reason I named these parts A,B,C is that my impression is that you can screw off B from C (which you do to access the attenuator switch!) but my impression is that A is soldered to B! The reason I´m asking is that a person at beyer said the MC caps would work with the CK setup...

So do we have a definitive answer from someone on the OTS that the MC930 caps screw on and off........
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline nicegrin

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
Page and JasonS. could you please check if part A is possible to screw off part B on your ck930s.

Thanks!
N
Toy Box:

MICS:

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »

So do we have a definitive answer from someone on the OTS that the MC930 caps screw on and off........

Mine certainly don't.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »

Mine certainly don't.

B and C do (there is a devilish little needle that you don't want to bust that hangs off of B, word for warning), while A and B don't come apart under normal conditions. The caps are the same caps as used in the MC line, but can be removed from the bodies and run remotely. Maybe something was lost in translation?  ???
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »

Mine certainly don't.

B and C do (there is a devilish little needle that you don't want to bust that hangs off of B, word for warning), while A and B don't come apart under normal conditions. The caps are the same caps as used in the MC line, but can be removed from the bodies and run remotely. Maybe something was lost in translation?  ???

I am talking about the full bodied MC version not the active CK version.....Sorry for any confusion....  There was a reference that someone from Beyer said they do....no reason to doubt it, just wanted to know if anyone has done it here.... It then begs the question can you then just buy the caps for the MC versions.......like you can the Ck versions.

Peace OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline nicegrin

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
Just got an e-mail from Beyerdynamic where they apologized about suggesting that MC caps work (directly) with the CK setup!

They use the same capsules but the capsule is soldered to the part with the grids (ofcourse!) and as they so elegantly put it, you CAN use them but you need SPECIAL tools inorder to do so! LOL! :)

Toy Box:

MICS:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com