Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: More Peluso thoughts  (Read 12946 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: More Peluso thoughts
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 05:00:34 PM »
Nick-

Have you recorded anything other than the Kimock, Charlie Hunter, and ABB shows with these? I've each of theses already and like what I hear.

Still curious to hear some head to head comparisions of the AKG 460/480's, NEUMAN KM140/KM184's, and the MBHO 603's run through your R-4 ;)

I know you've said they are somewhere in between the HO's and the others, just curious to hear it.

What are you running the omni's for this weekend?

there is a Hairy Apes show, XY w/the cards.  that is very nice.
this weekend is the BIG...SUMMER...CLASSIC...with cheese and a special sauce.

I'll probably run the omni caps a lot.  along w/the cards and wide cards.  shit...i'll run them all.
My kit has all of the caps.  omni, widecards, card and hypers.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 06:54:05 PM »
Do you just have the cards or other caps to?

I'm rocking to the Wakarusa Galactic set with Peluso CEMC-6...Super tight...

Where'd you grab the Galactic set?  I must have missed that one floating around.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 07:03:45 PM »
there is a Hairy Apes show, XY w/the cards.  that is very nice.
this weekend is the BIG...SUMMER...CLASSIC...with cheese and a special sauce.

I'll probably run the omni caps a lot.  along w/the cards and wide cards.  shit...i'll run them all.
My kit has all of the caps.  omni, widecards, card and hypers.

Ahhh, I forgot about the Hairy Apes show.  I grabbed your mp3 sample of it a while back.  Haven't grabbed the whole set yet.

BSC should be a blast.  Looking forward to hearing your pulls.  Have fun!

I do find it intersting that Peluso & Sound Pure's site doesn't have the straight up card caps on it.  Even the stereo set only comes with 3 sets of caps?  They both have the wide cards, omni's, and the hypers, but no straight up cards.  What's the deal with that?  I'm way confused.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 07:32:29 PM »
when the actives come my way....

Have you gotten any more info on when these will be available, or is the delivery date still sometime this fall?  What about prices?

Also, have you asked Peluso or Sound Pure about the posibility of them offering a matte black finish?

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 08:38:51 PM »
I know nothing of details other than the projected fall release.
not sure, but I think those kits you see, the card cap is attached to the mics

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 08:52:40 PM »
there's a short favorable write-up on the CEMC6 in the most recent Tape Op.
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 10:12:11 PM »
there's a short favorable write-up on the CEMC6 in the most recent Tape Op.

Any chance you have link to the article?  I didn't have any luck finding it on-line.  Who knows, maybe it isn't available on-line?

ac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005, 09:46:06 AM »
http://www.cotapers.org/

Torrent Link: http://www.cotapers.org/BT/gal2005-06-18.flac16.torrent

Galactic
6-18-05 (Saturday)
Late Show
Clinton Lake State Park, Lawrence, KS
Revival Tent, Wakarusa

Source: Peluso CEMC-6(matched pair)->V3(optical)->JB3 (16bit, 44.1khz)
Transfer: Jb3>USB>PC
Encoding: Wav>Adobe Audition 1.5>flac16 (level 8)
Taped By: Colorado Crew (Ian, Josh, Rodney, Todd R)
Rig Owned By: Ian (ian.strack at gmail.com)
Tracked, Transferred, Flac'ed, and Info By: Ian

*******DO NOT REMASTER WITHOUT MY PERMISSION*******
*******DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION*******

Setlist:

Disc 1

1. Intro
2. Garbage Truck
3. It Ain’t What You Think $
4. Go Go
5. Hot Pants Road %
6. Speaks his Mind #
7. Doublewide->
8. Mystery Train
9. Calypso Minor
10. Hamp’s Hump
11. Santa Cruz
12. Mario Groove

Disc 2

1. Baker’s Dozen
2. Crowd
Encore:
3. Quiet Please
4. Blackbird Special

$ Bass filters applied on V3, levels increased one notch = +5db at 3:34
% Pop at 6:01
# Anthony on vocals from the Greyhounds

Show Notes:

This is it. The one you've been waiting for. Late night Galactic at Wakarusa '05. I'm sure you were thinkin', "Well, I won't go tape/see this show, because someone else will tape it and I can get it from bt.etree later on." Well, there were only two of us taping this show. The story is as follows.

So earlier in the day, everyone is all up on going to late night Galactic and taping and what not, but when after Cheese came around, it was only me and Rodney. Todd R was there, but he decided not to tape, as he had just done Cheese. When Rod and I showed, we found a taping pit BEHIND the soundboard, something which was very unusual for Waka, we were always FOB. There were a few people inside of the barracades infront of the board, but we were told we couldn't put our stands there, because Cheese was packing up all their gear and heading out in the middle of Galactic, which would've screwed us up bad. We tried to talk to the soundman and figure it all out, but nothing was clear, and so we said to hell with that, and we set up 6ft. FOB, with the stand straddling the plastic cable cover. I had brought my camping chair, and we snagged another chair, and Todd R had his completely destroyed camping chair. So we setup around the stand with our chairs. This was a key element to taping this LATE show. As I said then, "If all else fails, all we have to do is sit in our chairs and tape and wait." The show was supposed to be from 2:30-4:00am, but started at more like 3:30am and went until about 5:30am. By the end we all were completely destroyed, and the sun was comming up as we were walking back to camp. This is undoubtedly the craziest experience I've ever had taping.

Also to be noted...Wakarusa was my first time using my full rig, and not just patching with my JB3. All of my Wakarusa tapes are somewhat newbie-ish tapes, but whatever, this is the only copy of this show. The other taper, Rodney, accidentily recorded in 128k MP3.

Honorable mentions go to Todd R for guarding FOB, staying up with us, and putting on my bass filters. My good buddy Josh for staying awake with me, carrying the Capn's Chair, and puttin' up with the mayhem of Galactic late night. Rodney, for stayin' awake, and being the only other taper there, even though he got a pull in MP3. Also, shouts to Josh Simpson (Simp-Dawg), for stoppin' by at the show, but somehow we never fully met up (he claims he was in front of the rig the whole time, I must've missed him). Colorado Crew!

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005, 10:30:58 AM »
Thanks for the link!   Looking forward to hearing the show.  +T

Offline hammerhorror

• Trade Count: (54)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Hey good lookin'
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 07:23:30 PM »
I used my new pair of Peluso CEMC6's for the first time last week. I taped Particle using the cardioid caps. I just got a matched pair of Hypers today. I will be testing those this weekend. My first impression of these mics is very good. I am very pleased with the recording they yielded. If anyone is interested in hearing the show here is the link: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=16466

I think I'll be getting alot of use out of these. IMO these blow away my Studio Projects C4's and my Nak CM-300's. I know those aren't the best mics in the world to compare them to, but that is all I have used. For the price these can't be beat!  :D
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & MK41, AKG CK63 (Naiant Actives)

Preamps: Naiant KCY Littlebox

Recorders: Sound Devices 664, Sony PCM-M10

Offline Low Spark

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 07:49:12 PM »
I do believe these are going to be my SD mics in the near future.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
those are great mics to compare them too because of where they all fall price wise, the peluso's are not cheap by any means but fall on the more affordable end of the scale. many people who are looking at these mics may be looking for a change from their c's or naks, or may be looking to enter taping for the 1st time.

thanks for sharing
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »
I'm still interested in hearing some head to head comp's between the CEMC6 and the MBHO's in particular.  Nick previously said he thought they ranked above the HO's.  Could be a sweet deal.  Wouldn't mind having some of these and a LSD2  ;D

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 08:26:36 PM »
send me some MBHOs and i'll do a comp with them.
:)
abb/moe on 8-20 would be a good choice.

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 02:37:11 PM »
Nick, are you bringing the Peluso's to Nissan Pavilion?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com