Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)  (Read 115847 times)

Offline TheBang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »
As of mid-2019, the consensus was that the hack didn't work for the ZS200 (as noted earlier in this thread).  In fact, that's why I didn't buy the ZS200.

I wonder what changed?

Well, the reply to that post said "no known hack".  But the video I linked said it should work for the ZS200 also, and I tried it, and it did.  I did update to the latest ZS200 firmware, but I'm pretty sure I actually did that after applying the service mode hack.

So, I'm not sure what to say, or why edtyre (who seems to have no lack of experience with the hack) couldn't get it to work.  I'm happy though that I don't have to record shows in 15 minute increments anymore.

Offline tjj5036

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rage Against the Machine Live Archive
Re: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2022, 07:53:16 PM »
I was at a rowdy show, my camera got kicked, I think I toggled something, and now it'll show an audio wavelength looking box in the middle of the screen when recording. It'll turn off if I hit the display button though. Anyone know how to permanently turn this feature off?
Bay Area taper that runs http://ratm.live . Please get in touch if you have any Rage recordings or know anyone that taped Rage! Always happy to tape a Bay Area show, get in touch if you want someone taped!

Mics: MK4s, AT853s, CA-14s/CA-11s
Battery/Pre: NBox+, Babynbox, SP-SPSB-10, CA-9200, Naiant Littlebox
Recorder: PCM-A10, Marantz PMD 661
Video: Panasonic ZS100

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2022, 07:59:09 PM »
I was at a rowdy show, my camera got kicked, I think I toggled something, and now it'll show an audio wavelength looking box in the middle of the screen when recording. It'll turn off if I hit the display button though. Anyone know how to permanently turn this feature off?

Offhand I do not recall exactly but I think it was hidden in the menu>recording modes section
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline tjj5036

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rage Against the Machine Live Archive
Bay Area taper that runs http://ratm.live . Please get in touch if you have any Rage recordings or know anyone that taped Rage! Always happy to tape a Bay Area show, get in touch if you want someone taped!

Mics: MK4s, AT853s, CA-14s/CA-11s
Battery/Pre: NBox+, Babynbox, SP-SPSB-10, CA-9200, Naiant Littlebox
Recorder: PCM-A10, Marantz PMD 661
Video: Panasonic ZS100

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2023, 10:31:47 AM »
Have a Panasonic ZS100 and tried to use it yesterday and received the following error:
"Try Another Card, Insert SD Card Again" error message.

1) Took SD card out and formatted it in the PC and tried the newly formatted SD card from the PC and received the same error again.
2) Had a brand new Sandisc 128 GB SD card and inserted it and received the same error. You can not format the card if your receiving the error.
3) Finally got the new  Sandisc 128 GB SD card to work so reformatted it in the camera. Though took one pic and received the same error again.
4) Got out isopropyl alcohol and cleaned contacts inside camera and contacts on SD card. Put back in new/old SD cards and same error.
5) Searched online and could not find any useful info.

Anyone have ideas/comments on how to fix this issue?

Camera is about 5 years old. Lucky bought a second replacement Panasonic ZS100 camera a couple years ago in case something went wrong with the first camera. Had second Panasonic ZS100 camera all set up so have the new camera working though would like to fix the old one.

Thanks in advance.

-p

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 10:45:28 AM by phil_er_up »
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline guitard

« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2023, 08:48:29 AM »
would like to fix the old one.

I'm sorry, I don't know of a fix for that error.

In my anecdotal experience with digital cameras, once they start having problems like this; unless it's an easy software (upgrade) fix, it's pretty much game over.  I say this due mainly to how high repair costs are (along with added on shipping costs, etc.).  It's usually easier to find a used replacement for less than the cost to repair the original camera.

I have three ZS100s.  One is really beat up, but still works.  The other two are fairly new.

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Derp1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2023, 09:45:09 AM »
Guitard, do you have any advice for a wider angle lens for the zs-100?
There’s no reality anymore, the whole world is pro-wrestling-
Col. Bruce

https://archive.org/details/@nodgeball

Offline guitard

« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2023, 09:56:00 AM »

I don't know of any such lens attachments for the ZS100.  But I haven't ever looked for one until just now (quick google search); and didn't find anything.

Offline Derp1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »

I don't know of any such lens attachments for the ZS100.  But I haven't ever looked for one until just now (quick google search); and didn't find anything.
Yeah, Ive looked and it was a confusing search. I couldnt pinpoint anything that was guaranteed to work with the zs100. I have a couple sony's, similar to action cams I use on stage or close up, but the fish eye thing gets obnoxious after a while.
There’s no reality anymore, the whole world is pro-wrestling-
Col. Bruce

https://archive.org/details/@nodgeball

Offline phil_er_up

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2023, 11:05:39 AM »
would like to fix the old one.

I'm sorry, I don't know of a fix for that error.

In my anecdotal experience with digital cameras, once they start having problems like this; unless it's an easy software (upgrade) fix, it's pretty much game over.  I say this due mainly to how high repair costs are (along with added on shipping costs, etc.).  It's usually easier to find a used replacement for less than the cost to repair the original camera.

I have three ZS100s.  One is really beat up, but still works.  The other two are fairly new.
Thanks for your answer. Tried again today and camera was starting this weird blinking and still could not see the SD card. Had a hard time getting the camera to close...it got caught in a loop. Think camera is toast. Probably recorded over a 1000+ hours on it so got good use out of it. Bought another second backup one today from amazon for $388.

First ZS100 is all black.
Second ZS100 is all black and has a red line on it.

Is there a difference between the two?

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2023, 11:41:50 AM »
Thanks for your answer. Tried again today and camera was starting this weird blinking and still could not see the SD card. Had a hard time getting the camera to close...it got caught in a loop. Think camera is toast. Probably recorded over a 1000+ hours on it so got good use out of it. Bought another second backup one today from amazon for $388.

No difference I can tell, my first camera was a silver model with a red stripe, the replacement I got is all black, both function identically. The lens on my first camera got stuck zoomed out and I could not fix it. Would turn on then just give me a "zoom error" screen. Sold it for parts and replaced it earlier this year. Something inside broke and you could hear it rattling around.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline guitard

« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2023, 12:23:54 PM »

I also have one of the ZS100s with the red lines (the other two are all black).  And as ol' dirty taper said, there is no difference. 

I like having distinctly different looking ZS100s because I almost always bring two cameras to a show so I can switch over to a second cam to avoid overheating issues (usually around the 90 minute mark).  My modus operandi is to also switch the SD card in these situations, so that all the videos I shot that night are on one card.  In the heat of the moment when I'm switching cameras and SD card (as quickly as possible) in the dark during the middle of a show - it's nice having cameras that are easy to tell apart.

Offline phil_er_up

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2023, 07:37:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply ol' dirty taper and guitard. It is appreciated.

Received the new ZS100 yesterday and it is all black which I prefer so its not so visible. Now have to set it up with the hack and all my setting.

Love this camera!!!!!

Offline AdamHuston

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2023, 08:34:10 AM »
Just ordered one, looks like I have some reading to do so I can figure out settings and hack.
Mics: Schoeps MK4's, Telefunken TF11's, Busman BSC2's, DPA 4061's
Preamps: Audioroot Femto, DPA MMA-A
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre 6-II, Tascam DR2d, Sound Devices MixPre 6-I

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com