Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Help w/ Delta Dio 2496 card

(1/4) > >>

kkaye:
Just got my new card installed for transfers,
so siked!

Now I transfer one of my recent dats (Primus 11-14-03) no problem.

I try to transfer another Phish 11-29-03 and when I playback its fine, yet when I burn it the disc sounds Real Slow (like a 45 played on 33 )

Anyone have one of these cards?
I think the problem lies with using either the card master clock or the clock from my D8 (spdif in)

Should I not use the spdif in for the master clock?

Note: Im new to this card so please excuse the layman's terms.
Hmmm?

Jason B:
If your DAT master was recorded at 48Khz, make sure you have the sample rate set to 48khz in the program you are recording into. Sounds like a classic symptom of this being off.

-JB

nickgregory:
and if it is anything like the audiophile 2496, you have to go to the card settings (usually a program on the toolbar) to change it to the right sample rate.

DaryanLenz:
boom, boom, boom (Brian's footsteps coming to move the thread ;D)

TomK:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on December 19, 2003, 09:39:38 PM ---and if it is anything like the audiophile 2496, you have to go to the card settings (usually a program on the toolbar) to change it to the right sample rate.

--- End quote ---

It's exactly like the audiophile, same control panel just minute differences in the controls.

Go to the M-Audio control panel and click on hardware settings. For transfers via the S/pdif you need to set the master clock to "S/Pdif in". ( when you want to playback via winamp or whatever make sure that you set it back to teh internal clock.) Now look under sample rates, choose the appropriate sample rate of the dat you want transferred.  

If the above doesn't remedy your problem try looking in the setting for the software you're using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version