Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TwistedWave Online, a browser-based audio editor (beta)  (Read 4693 times)

Offline TwistedWave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • TwistedWave
TwistedWave Online, a browser-based audio editor (beta)
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
Hello,

I am the author of TwistedWave, a sound editor.

I have now made an online version of TwistedWave that works in a browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox or IE9). I would like to have it tested before I start selling it, and I would be very happy if you could have a look:

https://twistedwave.com/online/

You can use it right away, with a limit of 2 minutes on the length of the edited files. This limit is extended to 20 minutes if you create a free account during the beta test period.

You are also welcome to post comments, suggestions, ideas or bug reports here, or with the form on TwistedWave Online's site.

Thank you,
Thomas Thiriez

runonce

Re: TwistedWave Online, a browser-based audio editor (beta)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
Im trying to grasp the advantage of editing online?

Can the files be sent directly to any service? Like the archive? or just soundcloud?

I didnt notice any tracking feature - which is a big necessity.

Offline TwistedWave

• Taperssection Newbie
    • TwistedWave
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »
The advantages of editing online are that you can start working on a file on one computer, and continue on another one. You don't have to install any software...

The audio files can be sent to SoundCloud, but nothing prevents me from adding the possibility to send them to other services, like DropBox, or others. Feel free to suggest what you are interested in.

TwistedWave is not a multitrack editor, indeed. It may become one, one day, but this would be a lot of work...

runonce

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
The advantages of editing online are that you can start working on a file on one computer, and continue on another one. You don't have to install any software...

The audio files can be sent to SoundCloud, but nothing prevents me from adding the possibility to send them to other services, like DropBox, or others. Feel free to suggest what you are interested in.

TwistedWave is not a multitrack editor, indeed. It may become one, one day, but this would be a lot of work...

For tapers - we are generally working with files 500-2GB in size - if not bigger. Uploading becomes a huge obstacle in workflow...IMO.

The ability to slice master recordings into tracks/songs is a huge necessity.

And the Live Music Archive would be the preferred transfer destination for tapers...

Cant say I've ever wanted to work on a recording on more than one workstation...but that might be good for some users.

Offline TwistedWave

• Taperssection Newbie
    • TwistedWave
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
I understand uploading huge files might not be very convenient.

I see what you mean with tracking. I thought you were talking about TwistedWave not being a multi-track editor.

It is currently not possible to add markers, but this is something I will be adding very soon. It will be possible to add markers, and split a long file into several songs.

Anyway, thanks a lot for trying TwistedWave, and for your feedback.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »

You can already do that with dropbox (and free solutions that don't require a third party, like sshfs).  And you don't need to worry about your work being lost if the vendor goes belly-up.  Or the vendor increasing prices.  Or a third party acquiring your files after the vendor goes belly-up.

I see this simply as a network transport/file system problem, and not as a reason to re-invent the audio editor.

The business model of online video editing is far more interesting.  It's interesting because you can buy more compute power to render more quickly.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com