Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD burning software for Mac?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline bhoy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
CD burning software for Mac?
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Can anyone recommend good cd burning software for the Mac?  I'm just switching my work over to a Mac, and I'm looking at "Burn" right now.  I'd like to be able to add cd text for the overall cd and song titles.  Burn doesn't seem to be too intuitive.

Thanks,
Bill

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: CD burning software for Mac?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Can anyone recommend good cd burning software for the Mac?  I'm just switching my work over to a Mac, and I'm looking at "Burn" right now.  I'd like to be able to add cd text for the overall cd and song titles.  Burn doesn't seem to be too intuitive.

Thanks,
Bill

What apps are you using in your workflow.  For instance, Amadeus Pro can mark tracks, on sector boundaries and burn from there.  With text.  Same for some other apps out there.  Toast is the big boy, but I think you can find your needs without spending that money.  But tell us more, and maybe reference this post in the Mac Team thread for added visibility.

Offline bhoy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
Ahhh that's just it!  I'm totally new to the Mac side of things!  I just got the computer and I am starting from scratch.  On the PC I used Audacity, Trader's Little Helper, and Nero.

For the Mac I just started Triumph (Audiofile Engineering).  I plan to import the 24/96 file, put in labels, export 24/96 wav files, then 16/44.1 files,  I'd like to then burn the wav files to cd, with text labels, as I've done in Nero.

I have seen that Toast looks like the way to go.  Even if it costs $, I've invested this much, it would be ok.

Thanks for your help.  I'll also check out the Team Mac - can probably learn a lot there.

Bill

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »
Toast Titanium ( I run 11.02) works good for all the functions you mentioned and more ;)
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »
I tried Triumph betas and gave up on how to use it...back to Wave Editor for me

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »
I tried Triumph betas and gave up on how to use it...back to Wave Editor for me

Thanks for that info, I like Wave Editor. Is there any real good reason to switch to Triumph, haven't even seen screen shots of it yet. Still in Beta?
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com