Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 4)  (Read 106996 times)

Offline groovon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • rolling tape since 1963
Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 4)
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2015, 01:37:50 AM »
Definitely not captain obvious material, but I'm still missing something, as I've resourced the FAQ, adjusted as per the recommended settings, as well as your other suggestions. I'm updated to v 1.10 and though I'll be updating before my next concert I don't believe that's the issue.

What if I said that I can turn the pot on ch.1 all the way down and the pot on on ch.2 all the way up with no difference?

I'm definitely missing something, and truth be told I'd prefer it to be a head slap issue.

Something's amiss, it shouldn't do that. Try factory reset (isn't that in the menu?) Def. update to v1.11. You may have a temporary glitch...or a dud  :(

Good luck.

Dave

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
I am sorry if this has been covered, but I am at a show right now. Mics plugged into channels 1 &2 phantom on. I am getting levels on channels 3&4, not one and two. Any quick help is truly appreciated. Trying to record shugfie Otis shortly
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline Life In Rewind

• Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
I am sorry if this has been covered, but I am at a show right now. Mics plugged into channels 1 &2 phantom on. I am getting levels on channels 3&4, not one and two. Any quick help is truly appreciated. Trying to record shugfie Otis shortly

You may have to enable recording for those channels...3/4 are the internals.

And check to see if your active input is on XLR/TRS...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:42:22 PM by Life In Rewind »

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »
Thanks, for the quick response!  That was it
 I had the internals on. Got it working on 1&2. Man that would have sounded horrible. Deck stuffed in my bag with internal mics on
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2015, 12:57:08 PM »
So how exactly do you activate the internal mics? Not that I ever would. I'm guessing channels 3 and 4 set to on and no externals plugged in?

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »
So how exactly do you activate the internal mics? Not that I ever would. I'm guessing channels 3 and 4 set to on and no externals plugged in?

See Page 20 of the manual.

MENU > BASIC > select channel 3 or 4, then change INPUT 3/4 to MIC.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »

See Page 20 of the manual.

MENU > BASIC > select channel 3 or 4, then change INPUT 3/4 to MIC.

Thanks.

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »
The internal mics would be useful in a run and gun recording situation.  We had some students competing in different classrooms which meant recording in one room and then immediately going to another room afterwards all day long.  The rooms were too cramped for much gear, lousy acoustics, people everywhere, going and coming.  You get the idea.  But for purposes of just getting a recording, the internal mics could be useful.  If you are doing camcorder video, I suspect the internal mics are way ahead of most camcorder mics, too.  Or if you don't have any external omni mics, you could mix the internal Omni's with your external mic pair to suit to taste.

Offline Erick del Valle

• Taperssection Regular
  • what about this pair of stealthy mics?
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
Sorry for the double posting but I find no solution to my problem, my dr70d suddenly stopped saving my settings each time i turn off and  error message "can't save data" appears. I upgraded the firmware to 1.11, changed battery and card, but every time I turn it off That message appears. Anybody have this problem? possible solutions? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Erick del Valle
+56 9 9319 3735
Santiago de Chile
Erick del Valle
Santiago de Chile

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »
Sorry for the double posting but I find no solution to my problem, my dr70d suddenly stopped saving my settings each time i turn off and  error message "can't save data" appears. I upgraded the firmware to 1.11, changed battery and card, but every time I turn it off That message appears. Anybody have this problem? possible solutions? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Erick del Valle
+56 9 9319 3735
Santiago de Chile

Did you format the memory card in the 70D?  That was something a couple of us suggested in your other thread.  Even with a brand new card, you should format it in the unit to make sure that it is the correct filesystem and also so the 70D generates a new Utility folder with its stored settings.  If either one of those things is not correct, it could cause the problems you're describing. 

Put one of your cards in, and try the "quick format" option.  If that doesn't work, try the "erase format" which is more thorough.

If you have done the above and you're still having problems, I think it would be time to call Tascam support.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:07 PM »

Thanks in advance!

Erick del Valle
+56 9 9319 3735
Santiago de Chile

Did you try a reset of the unit?

Home Screen > MENU > OTHERS > SYSTEM > INITIALIZE
Use this function to restore all settings to their factory defaults.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »
I am having a problem with Lexar 64GB SDXC Memory Card Platinum II Class 10 UHS-I. The Tascam gave me a write error. I am wondering what is  good card for this unit.
Thanks
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
I am having a problem with Lexar 64GB SDXC Memory Card Platinum II Class 10 UHS-I. The Tascam gave me a write error. I am wondering what is  good card for this unit.
Thanks
This may help, but I do not have the DR70D, I have the DR680MKII. I use the 64gb and 128gb Sony SDXC cards that have been on sale at B & H. They work flawlessly. Perhaps a few DR70D users also bought the Sony cards when they were on sale and can chime in on the DR70D specifically.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2015, 03:50:02 PM »
I am having a problem with Lexar 64GB SDXC Memory Card Platinum II Class 10 UHS-I. The Tascam gave me a write error a few times at Peach Fest. I am wondering what is  good card for this unit.
Thanks
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline groovon

• Taperssection Member
  • rolling tape since 1963
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
I am having a problem with Lexar 64GB SDXC Memory Card Platinum II Class 10 UHS-I. The Tascam gave me a write error a few times at Peach Fest. I am wondering what is  good card for this unit.
Thanks

Why risk everything on large capacity cards? Maybe the size is the problem? (I don't know, I'm just sayin'). For what it's worth, I've had no issues w/ multiple 16GB SanDisk Ultras (30MB/s Class 10).

Dave

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com