Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAP1 Help Please!!!  (Read 2629 times)

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • always give more than you take
DAP1 Help Please!!!
« on: April 17, 2004, 06:49:25 PM »
I have a newer DAP1, bought 9 months ago, used maybe 30 shows, worked fine until a day or two ago, it records fine, but now it will not play back the dats it has recorded, it rolls them but according to the meters it shows no recording levels and the machine produces no sound, it appears as though the recorded dats are blank, which they are not (the dats are fine I listened to them after my last recorded show), anyone know the problem here, heads dirty or out of alignment?, the manual says clean the heads, Tascam's tech support number disconnected, help+thnx, Grider

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
Re:DAP1 Help Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 07:18:06 PM »
maybe it was just a misload. did you try loading more than once?

if so and there is still nothing, try recording something off your home stereo and see if it plays that back. if not looks like some servicing may be in order :(

let us know!

Brian

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • always give more than you take
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 07:49:22 PM »
it was not a misload since I removed/replaced it several times, I recorded onto a blank dat a disc using a coax cable and it recorded/played back fine, so its just the dats I have previously recorded and tried to replay today, I wonder if the heads need realigment so that they are returned to their placement when they recorded those prior dats, and that the heads in their current placement are not in the same position and, thus, unable to read, those previously recorded dats, that seem logical Brian?

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 08:34:25 PM »
seems logical, but if the heads were out of allignment only somewhat you should have been able to get some signal on playback, should sound like lots of digi noise. if your heads are too far out of allignment you shouldn't be ale to record at all. at least that is what i thought.  then again i'm not too familiar with P1 so maybe it's another problem specific to that particular machine??   have you tried playing back the dats that can't currently play back on another dat machine? do you have access to another dat machine?

finding all the variables is the key. i just wish i knew a little bit more to help you out right now.  hopefully come monday when more of the more knowledgable regulars are on here they will be able to help you out. i'm just a lowly audio student who's still learning more than he can dish out in school :)

hope it all works out for you.  since it is so new is it still under trashcan warranty. warranty at all?

good luck Chris (+t in 12)

Brian

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 12:40:16 PM »
sounds like unaligned heads for sure.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline tmfraley2

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • FOB is where I want to be....
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 04:25:54 PM »
mine has done that with certain tapes after recording, then played fine on the da20, next tape will show up fine, gotta love the trascham
"Even jesus couldn't pull a good tape from the lawn" - Nick Gregory 6/28/05

KM140>V2>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com