Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sound Devices MixPre-3 and 6, Part 5

<< < (99/100) > >>

ts:
Bored on a Sunday morning was going to update to 3.02 but I guess I’ll wait. I’m still on 1.53.  :yack:

Gordon:
As long as you don't use pre roll it's fine.

willndmb:
Not that I care baecuase I don't even know the real purpose, but you guys are way over the 25 page mark.

On topic now, did SD have so many updates for the 7xx boxes?
Seems these have had lot of updates in the short time they have been out.
I guess that's good in some ways, as we know some others never update and just leave the issues there

DavidPuddy:

--- Quote from: Gordon on February 19, 2019, 07:12:40 AM ---I'd report your issue to sound devices so they are aware.

--- End quote ---

I let them know. It's really a non-issue as long as it's solely related to pre-roll, as I usually just set it to record from the time I get set up.

DavidPuddy:

--- Quote from: willndmb on February 24, 2019, 05:00:57 PM ---Not that I care baecuase I don't even know the real purpose, but you guys are way over the 25 page mark.

On topic now, did SD have so many updates for the 7xx boxes?
Seems these have had lot of updates in the short time they have been out.
I guess that's good in some ways, as we know some others never update and just leave the issues there

--- End quote ---

It looks like the 722 had 16 firmware revisions before being discontinued. We are on #12 for the Mixpre6.

It's a good thing IMO. Sound Devices are quick to respond to customer complaints and roll out updates. Could they do a little more testing before rolling out a new update? Maybe, but problems like the one I had could be a one off due to localized idiot error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version