Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

BeyerDynamic MC-930 Does anything else exist but the next step up ?

<< < (2/2)

DSatz:
If you're happy with your present microphones, that's great--keep them and count yourself lucky.

As a next step, you might consider adding microphones of a different directional pattern (omni? wide cardioid? supercardioid?) to your shelf so that you have a wider choice of recording methods for various situations. Or consider getting a figure-8 microphone that you could use together with one of your cardioids (or any other good microphone) for M/S stereo recording.

Or you could just continue to count yourself lucky, and resist the social pressure to always upgrade upgrade upgrade. When you know how to use a particular kind of microphone to best advantage, generally you will make better recordings with it than you would with any microphone that you're unfamiliar with, even if the unfamiliar microphone is a better product technically.

--best regards

steve4134:
Thank you very much Mr Dsatz. I believe thats what i am going to do.

Thank you for your response

Steve

muj:
Pearl Clarity sdc's are nice

splumer:
Why change? I run Beyerdynamic MCE86II shotguns and see no reason to upgrade or change. I use cards for smaller venues, but other than that, I like being a part of the elite cadre that is Beyerdynamic users.
 :guitarist:

robeti:

--- Quote from: DSatz on June 23, 2018, 10:05:28 PM ---If you're happy with your present microphones, that's great--keep them and count yourself lucky.

As a next step, you might consider adding microphones of a different directional pattern (omni? wide cardioid? supercardioid?) to your shelf so that you have a wider choice of recording methods for various situations. Or consider getting a figure-8 microphone that you could use together with one of your cardioids (or any other good microphone) for M/S stereo recording.

Or you could just continue to count yourself lucky, and resist the social pressure to always upgrade upgrade upgrade. When you know how to use a particular kind of microphone to best advantage, generally you will make better recordings with it than you would with any microphone that you're unfamiliar with, even if the unfamiliar microphone is a better product technically.

--best regards

--- End quote ---

Beautifully said.
Your posts are always very informative and great to read!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version