Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Sennheiser KE4 capsule wiring

<< < (3/3)

Hypnocracy:

--- Quote from: heathen on September 12, 2018, 09:59:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gutbucket on September 12, 2018, 09:25:19 AM ---The larger, lower-priced ones do not AFAIK and can also be powered by a single AA.

--- End quote ---

But I think I read somewhere that when using the AA there's only something like 3V...is that correct?

--- End quote ---

iGene did a 9v mod...

--- Quote from: igene on October 06, 2011, 09:03:28 PM ---Removed the AA sled and cover completely.
I used Velcro on the walls of the battery area (both sides).
opened them up and changed the connection to 9V.

The battery holds extremely well without strapping it in.
You really have to pull to get it out.

Tested them w/ AKG CK-93's and they power them up - no problem.
Nice output levels !

These are now 9v power supplies.

Here are the pics >

You can hold the battery and shake it and it stays in.
It's in there REAL tight !!!

--- End quote ---

down2earthlandscaper:

--- Quote from: pridix on September 09, 2018, 06:09:34 AM ---Hi everyone!

I'm a PhD in acoustics, particularlly in the subjective perception of room acoustics. So I know quite a bit about psychoacoustics, room acoustics and digital signal processing but I'm a complete noob about electroacoustics...

Anyway... For a binaural system that I have to assemble for my experiments I've got some Sennheiser KE-4 capsules http://www.music.mcgill.ca/caml/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=equipment:ke_4_211_2_gb.pdf that I have to wire.

In the datasheet you can see the recommended wiring for plug-in power but I really need to wire each of the mikes to be connected to XLR (with Phantom). I don't know how should I proceed to run this mikes with XLR and Phantom.

Could anyone enlighten me? I'm not looking for a very fancy circuit, just a circuit that allows me to capture up to 100dB without clipping.

Kind regards and thank you.

--- End quote ---

LOL. When I read you introduction and background the first thing I thought is that you should talk to Gutbucket. You will soon see why :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version