Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK A51TL prices?  (Read 11007 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re:ADK A51TL prices?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 09:35:14 PM »
cayman- I would go to ADK directly... Larry Villela (sp?) was a pretty awesome dude.  If you want, PM me, and I can get you his email/phone number when I am at work tomorrow.

I would imagine that they will be cheapest by cutting out the middle man, but you never know.

Larry does not sell directly though. You have to go through a retailer...

:hmmm:

Could be true... but I am pretty sure I saw someone on here saying they got them though him.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 09:35:28 PM »
which retailer does he reccomend? i remember once he reccomended going through wind over the earth.com but they ended up shooting me the same price as SS, actually like 30 bucks higher

Jason B

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2004, 09:37:48 PM »

Could be true... but I am pretty sure I saw someone on here saying they got them though him.

I used to speak with him pretty regularly when I was first getting into ADK mics and I know for sure that they do not sell directly. He was nice enough though to drop ship me 6 TL's once and let me hand match them at my house, then pay a certain retailer for the two I decided to keep. The other 4 I sent back to Larry. He is definitely a good guy.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2004, 09:40:59 PM »

I used to speak with him pretty regularly when I was first getting into ADK mics and I know for sure that they do not sell directly. He was nice enough though to drop ship me 6 TL's once and let me hand match them at my house, then pay a certain retailer for the two I decided to keep. The other 4 I sent back to Larry. He is definitely a good guy.

There's the word.

Well, Cayman, if you need convincing, Larry is awesome for customer service.  One of my TL's was cutting out, and I called him, and he agreed to send me a replacement while I shipped mine out to a repair facility.  I wasn't out of my mics for any time at all (except the one he sent didnt match mine...).
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 09:41:21 PM »

NICE! cant beat that for customer service. how much off were the 6 you tested? should i be worried about getting an unmatched set?

Jason B

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »
Well, Cayman, if you need convincing, Larry is awesome for customer service.  One of my TL's was cutting out, and I called him, and he agreed to send me a replacement while I shipped mine out to a repair facility.  I wasn't out of my mics for any time at all (except the one he sent didnt match mine...).

He is definately one of the nicest guys in the business. He used to respond to everyone's e-mails within a hour or so, until he got really busy with trade shows and the sort. The fact that he was willing to sedn out 6 mics without meeting me was a really nice gesture in my opinion. Hell, call him up and see if he will sell direct. maybe they have changed their policy...

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 09:46:55 PM »
looks like i need to get on the phone tomorrow, and get these retailers direct instead of waiting for email responces

zowie

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2004, 10:23:24 PM »
WOW, the 899 is before the 15% ecoupon...

764.15 for a matched set?!?!?!?!?!

Plus free shipping and pop filter (just one?).  I'm thinking of buying from them unless someone can talk me out of it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 10:29:17 PM by zowie »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »
looks like i need to get on the phone tomorrow, and get these retailers direct instead of waiting for email responces

Yeah, I have alot of emails out to retailers that I never got a response from...

I wish places would just publish their prices online.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2004, 10:32:11 PM »
i didnt see that they had free shipping too, and one free pop filter?!?! but i could definantly use it if they are giving it away with my work for the local badn i archive for!

ive got one certain email out that im awaiting a response from, if it isnt lower than the 764, im jumping on that!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 10:43:34 PM »
+t for joining team ADK...  the TL's are bodacious- I'm sure you'll dig em.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2004, 10:44:04 PM »
I paid a bit more from wind over the earth but their customer service was really good.
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2004, 10:46:09 PM »
i havent talked with wond over the earth since befopre the price increase, i sent them an email yesterday afternoon...

but the guy at ADK reccomended them back then

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2004, 12:22:53 AM »
WOE does a bunch of studio stuff i believe.  If you're trying to use them in the studio, i would imagine that they could be a good reference.  
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2004, 07:52:11 PM »
well guys ive got some pretty great quotes on new matched sets.

the best advertised price was:
http://proaudiotoys.com/ @ 764 shipped (matched

i did encounter some decently better prices that i had to email the retailers to get:
ADK A51 TL Matched pair $729 + shipping
ADK A51 TL Matched pair $750 including shippin
ADK A51 TL Matched pair $795 + shipping

these were the 3 other quotes that i recieved, all coming from well spoken of and known online retailers that we have all dealt with

pretty sure the akg are getting ready to get posted for sale tonight

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com