Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help with archive naming  (Read 4321 times)

Offline ford prefect

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: help with archive naming
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 11:38:31 AM »
One other thing, though this isn't affecting anything...it's best to label your folders as .flac16 or .flac24. If they just end in .flac, they could be confused for FLAC files. :)

Good advice!!  Thanks Dave (working on 50...)

Offline millhouse412

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ahh-ooo-mmmm
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
I can def send an email authorizing their music to be on Archive.org. He is one of my best friends (i grew up with him) and we have discussed this before and i have been working on some of his recordings for this so i feel very good about authorizing it for him. If you can let me know where i need to send the email to that would be grerat.

Thanks
dan
Oktava Mk-012>Ua-5>(D8/Jb3)

Offline ford prefect

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 12:16:13 PM »
Send it to etree AT archive DOTT org

Explain who you are, your relation to the artist that gives you the ability to speak on their behalf, and tell the archive that they now have permission to add the artist's recordings to the Live Music collection.

Please include (if available)

• a link to the artist's website
  • a copy of the artist's taping policy
  • stance on lossy files - is the artist interested in seeing lossy files hosted next to the lossless files or would the artist prefer to see strictly lossless files?

Thanks!

Offline millhouse412

• Taperssection Regular
  • ahh-ooo-mmmm
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 12:36:06 PM »
done and done

New band on the ARchive!!!!
Oktava Mk-012>Ua-5>(D8/Jb3)

Offline Diana Hamilton

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Walk on air?
    • (last.fm profile)
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 11:08:40 AM »
so just curious as to how long it takes for the band to be active so the files can be imported.

Thanks again! ;D ;D
dan

Hi Dan, I'm another volunteer admin there who is one of the ones helping with band setups. A few of us volunteers go on a week-by-week rotation and depending on the person's schedule (RL job, etc) it could take up to about a week to see the band section go active. Like, up through yesterday has been my week but the last few days I've been sick/tending sick family and now have an "OK backlog" (dangit, also missed Great Backyard Bird Count). I just activated the roc section on the basis of this thread and will pretty it up/send email later today or this evening after I help my son with his book report!

(So BTW uploader folks, the rule of thumb is to make sure the artist's section is active *before* initiating any uploads, and things will go smoother.)
Listener, not taper (gasp); Volunteer: Live Music Archive, curator contact etree@archive.org ; The Traders Database, admin contact db@etree.org - two independent sites, I just help at both!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com