Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 1884 times)

Offline bdoolitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Newbie Questions
« on: August 05, 2005, 12:36:02 PM »
I just joined the site on Wednesday, and have already learned so much from just reading posts... and let me tell you all that everyone seems to be such great people.

However, I have just a few questions:

1) This is a stupid question i'm sure, but is it possible to use an iPod for recording? I'd assume there would be various connectors (such as an iMic, a simple mic that plugs into the top, but it has an open mic jack)

2) What would be the best beginner's setup? (and i use the word best as in ease of use, price, and setup) Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

3) Do most tapers usually allow patches (when feasible)

Thanks for any responders... I look forward to learning more and returning to my sophomore year of college with some equipment and knowledge to impress my friends.

Ben Doolittle
bdoolitt@tulane.edu

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 12:42:16 PM »
1) As of right now, for our purposes, no. You can get miniature mics that will record, but they're horrible sounding mono mics that record in mp3 format only.

2) That depends on many factors. Will you be open taping, or stealth (i.e. the artist doesn't allow it)? What is your budget? Best price is totally different if you've got $500 to spend or $5000.

3) Yes, at least they should. As long as you ask well before the show starts, but after the taper in question is through setting up.

Hope that helps...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline bdoolitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the help, and i apologize for everyone's waste of time.

http://db.etree.org/bdoolitt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com