Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Omnis vs cards decision time (Stealth)  (Read 7100 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Omnis vs cards decision time (Stealth)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 11:39:51 AM »
The 4061s aren't a phantom powered mic.  They run off the 9 volt plug in power that the DPA or other battery boxes provide. 
Can't they be converted to accept phantom?  I was led to believe that from the spec sheet.

I've been checking EBay as well, I a bit weary of buying them used, I'll have to see what kind of prices I can get on new ones.  Thanks for all the input.

they do have XLR adapters that allow them to accept phantom power, yes. I have them.

Ray76

Offline Evil Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 03:06:25 AM »
From what I've heard they aren't actually phantom powered though, it just allows them to be connected to a phantom power source if that's all that's available.  In your experience does running them phantom have any effect on the way the mics perform?  I think I discussed all of this with J Kelly and was sure that phantom doesn't help these mics.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 09:16:33 PM »
Looks like I'll be ordering the 4061s tomorrow, found demos for $600 with full warranty.  The last EBay for a pair was $500 with no warranty, so I think this is a good deal.

Ray76

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
Looks like I'll be ordering the 4061s tomorrow, found demos for $600 with full warranty.  The last EBay for a pair was $500 with no warranty, so I think this is a good deal.

congrats bud. stellar mics, especially for acoustic non pa stuff.
i love mine.

teddy

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 10:28:05 PM »

make sure you get the 4061's with the microdot connectors or you could get the ones from coresound that terminate into a 3.55 miniplug. dont get the lemo connectors

i agree with the head mount option for the 4061's..the higher the mounting the better the sound imo.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 07:23:17 PM »
Yea, they have microdots, got them from Oade.  I guess they were used by Widespread Panic for one acoustic show at the HOB and then returned.  I forgot to ask if they come with clips, or to order clips, guess I'll do that tomorrow.  Great experience with Oade, by the way.  Couldn't recommend them enough.  Far different buying experience than when I bought my CSBs 3 years ago.

Ray76

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 07:26:37 PM »
Yea, they have microdots, got them from Oade.  I guess they were used by Widespread Panic for one acoustic show at the HOB and then returned.  I forgot to ask if they come with clips, or to order clips, guess I'll do that tomorrow.  Great experience with Oade, by the way.  Couldn't recommend them enough.  Far different buying experience than when I bought my CSBs 3 years ago.

bad experience at CS??unheard of.
im sure its just a fluke.

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 08:07:11 PM »

I wish I had found this board before I ordered them.  I had AT853s, but as I mentioned elsewhere on here, got horrible distortion at loud shows so I sent them back.  Got the CSBs, despite Len being a total dick on the phone.  Certainly a good product, I'd just rather not deal with a guy who is rude to his customers.  Not to mention all the competition bashing he does on the Internet. 

Ray76

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »

I wish I had found this board before I ordered them.  I had AT853s, but as I mentioned elsewhere on here, got horrible distortion at loud shows so I sent them back.  Got the CSBs, despite Len being a total dick on the phone.  Certainly a good product, I'd just rather not deal with a guy who is rude to his customers.  Not to mention all the competition bashing he does on the Internet. 

a good businessman doesnt need to bash his competitors. I dont know how he gets customers..anyway, ill hush. dont want to take it south.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:22 PM »

I LOVE 4061s.   LOVE THEM!   As far as clips go, I just went to my local Staples/Office Max and purchased a box of the smallest binder clips... 20 of em for $.79 or something like that.   I wear a baseball cap, and just put the wire through the clip, clip it to the baseball cap, pull the mic until it buts agains the clip, and all good.

At this point, I have no desire to change my rig at all, until a 24-bit compact solution becomes available.  That's how much my gearslut ass likes the 4061s -> ModSBM1.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 12:49:55 AM »

I LOVE 4061s.   LOVE THEM!   As far as clips go, I just went to my local Staples/Office Max and purchased a box of the smallest binder clips... 20 of em for $.79 or something like that.   I wear a baseball cap, and just put the wire through the clip, clip it to the baseball cap, pull the mic until it buts agains the clip, and all good.

At this point, I have no desire to change my rig at all, until a 24-bit compact solution becomes available.  That's how much my gearslut ass likes the 4061s -> ModSBM1.
Good tip, thanks!

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 02:18:45 AM »
His tapes are stellar with the 4061>sbm-1 combo....now he has me hunting down an oade sbm-1 for myself >:D
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »
The 4061s came today...those are tiny!  I have a question though, they came with 2 little endcaps, one has a screen at the end and on the sides, the other only has a screen at the end and solid metal along the sides.  What's the deal with that?

Offline madman

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 06:10:04 PM »
Awesome, thanks!  They are so tiny I'm nervous to yank the cap off.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com