Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: www.cdwave.com for a Mac?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
www.cdwave.com for a Mac?
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:33:31 AM »
A friend of mine has a SBD CD she got from performing at a venue. It is all 1 track and she wants to extract it, cut it into tracks and then convert those .wav files to .mp3. Using a PC, i'd of course have no problem doing it for her. EAC to extract the one track, load into cdwave and then cut and export to .wav and then convert to .mp3 using DBpoweramp.

But she has a mac. And is a few states away. She is very computer illiterate. I don't know crap about macs... what program do I tell her to use? Thanks!
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: www.cdwave.com for a Mac?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:11:35 PM »
Extract with Scott's xACT into one large file. Link.

Cut the file up into tracks using Audacity Link.

Fix SBE's and convert to flac using xACT ^^

Hope that helps!

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »
Is it not reasonable to have her send you the disc? 
Or maybe there is a another TS member in her town that could help her out?

keytohwy

A friend of mine has a SBD CD she got from performing at a venue. It is all 1 track and she wants to extract it, cut it into tracks and then convert those .wav files to .mp3. Using a PC, i'd of course have no problem doing it for her. EAC to extract the one track, load into cdwave and then cut and export to .wav and then convert to .mp3 using DBpoweramp.

But she has a mac. And is a few states away. She is very computer illiterate. I don't know crap about macs... what program do I tell her to use? Thanks!

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »
I think it is the 'teach a girl to fish' thing. I've done the conversion for her in the past when she lived in town, but she's an actively performing musician. it's time for her to learn how to work a computer audio editing program.

I wish there was a 'simple' program like cdwave. audacity might be a little too high brow for her learning curve. oh well, she'll have to learn!
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:29:36 PM »
I think it is the 'teach a girl to fish' thing. I've done the conversion for her in the past when she lived in town, but she's an actively performing musician. it's time for her to learn how to work a computer audio editing program.

I wish there was a 'simple' program like cdwave. audacity might be a little too high brow for her learning curve. oh well, she'll have to learn!

Yeah, there is no all in one program like CD Wav to use with macs, but using Audacity or SoundStudio is not too difficult, just add markers, and then export. 
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »
You can also use xACT to split by feeding it a cue sheet, if she wants to just listen and figure out where she wants to put the splits...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Sanjay

• www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »
I wish I knew how to compile a program for macs, cdwav would be the absolute first one.
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com