Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iPod upgrade for better audio?  (Read 9677 times)

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: iPod upgrade for better audio?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »
Not sure why all the hate for the ipod.  I've owned two and have loved both...well at least the second one.  The HD failed in the first one so I bought a 4GB solid state mini next.  Not a lot of storage but it works flawlessly and is perfect for going to the gym, short flights etc.  I wouldn't use the ipod as the primary source component for my home stereo, but it's a quite a nice piece of equipment to have if you're on the go and wanna bring some music along.  I'll upgrade again when they introduce FLAC natively and can provide me with solid state memory in a much larger capacity.  Larger HD models are doomed with a short shelf life IMO.  The only downside...outside of no FLAC support.
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Not sure why all the hate for the ipod.  I've owned two and have loved both...well at least the second one.  The HD failed in the first one so I bought a 4GB solid state mini next.  Not a lot of storage but it works flawlessly and is perfect for going to the gym, short flights etc.  I wouldn't use the ipod as the primary source component for my home stereo, but it's a quite a nice piece of equipment to have if you're on the go and wanna bring some music along.  I'll upgrade again when they introduce FLAC natively and can provide me with solid state memory in a much larger capacity.  Larger HD models are doomed with a short shelf life IMO.  The only downside...outside of no FLAC support.

We dont hate the ipod. We just want them to make a sound burger  ;D NO MP3 required. Just good old vinyl!
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:05 AM »
mmmm iBurger....mmmmm

Offline pmonk66

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »
Not a lot of storage but it works flawlessly and is perfect for going to the gym,
  :hmmm:

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »
gym.  it's a place where people go to exercise.  sorry pmonk, masturbation is not a form of exercise...unless you're using the stranger technique.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:51:09 PM by F0CKER »

Offline pmonk66

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
gym.  it's a place where people go to exercise.  sorry pmonk, masturbation is not a form of exercise...unless you're using the stranger technique.

Well, some people do need two hands  :flipa:

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »
 :yack:

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »
You guys crack me up. 

I get plenty of excercise.  The fatter my ass gets, the more I excercise to lug it around!  I call it pumping lard.

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 07:47:11 PM »
I don't know what these cats are hearing but a Nano with a good set of IEM's can sound pretty darn good.

Try loading up some of your favorite recordings at 320 or lossless and stick an SE530 into the Nano.  I think you'll be pretty darn happy with what you're hearing.  Not like a full home system to be sure but I can hear things on that little setup that i can't on my big rig, the level of accuracy and resolving power of the SE530s is pretty amazing and the Nano does a good enough job as a source to make that happen. For the footprint it really is something quite amazing.

On an enjoyment and image scale give the speakers or my full size Sennheisers of course but don't go too quickly to the trash with the iPod can until you've listened with an appropriate set of quality transducers.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com