Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie tech help - editing on a Powerbook  (Read 3376 times)

Offline boarderx5423

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Newbie tech help - editing on a Powerbook
« on: August 29, 2005, 10:39:10 PM »
Alright, I am just getting started in the taping world so sorry if this seems like a stupid question and I apologize if this is in the wrong section.  I have my rig all set up, using the JB3 as my capture device, but I don't know what programs I should be using on my computer to edit the tape, type the text, seperate the tracks, etc...

I am using an Apple PowerBook and I would like to know what programs I will need.  I have XNJB to get the files from the JB3 to the powerbook and I have Flac Frontend to convert it, but I would like to know what other programs I will need. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

~Trey
~BJ
Studio Project C4's -> Edirol UA-5 -> JB3 -> Apple PowerBook G4

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Newbie tech help - editing on a Powerbook
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 11:12:38 PM »
Welcome! You will need a means of splitting tracks and doing some simple edits if need be. Audacity is a program that does this reasonably well, and it's free.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline boarderx5423

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 03:35:12 AM »
Welcome! You will need a means of splitting tracks and doing some simple edits if need be. Audacity is a program that does this reasonably well, and it's free.
Alright thanks, I will play around with it. 
~BJ
Studio Project C4's -> Edirol UA-5 -> JB3 -> Apple PowerBook G4

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 11:28:40 PM »
do you know that you need an itunes patch to transfer files from your jb3 to your mac? (i didnt, thats why i ask)
Live Rig:

mk21 / mk22 > KC10 > cmc6 > V3 > Mixpre 6ii

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

NAD C328 > Klipsch RP-400M

Detroit Then, Denver, Now.

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:11:39 AM »
do you know that you need an itunes patch to transfer files from your jb3 to your mac? (i didnt, thats why i ask)

he said he was using xNJB to connect his jb3 to his mac.  This program basically eliminated the itunes plugin method.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »

he said he was using xNJB to connect his jb3 to his mac.  This program basically eliminated the itunes plugin method.

i had no idea that was out, is it free?
Live Rig:

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

Ray76

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:30:31 AM »

yep. google it

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 10:11:55 PM »

yep. google it

nice, ill have to check it out...im living in the past i guess.
Live Rig:

Home Playback:

Office Playback:

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:33 AM »

yep. google it

nice, ill have to check it out...im living in the past i guess.

Yeah I've really never had a problem with xNJB.  I'm just glad they have it, for a while compatability between many Nomad products and Apple's were unheard of!

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 11:36:21 AM »
i havnt really had any problems with itunes and the jb3, a few minor glitches maybe, but nothing serious. i grabbed xnjb last night though, i looks pretty nice, i have a show to transfer this weekend, ill have to give it a shot. +ts for pointing me to it.
Live Rig:

Home Playback:

Office Playback:

Offline Weekendshooter

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 09:14:25 AM »
but I don't know what programs I should be using on my computer to edit the tape, type the text, seperate the tracks, etc...

I am using an Apple PowerBook and I would like to know what programs I will need.  I have XNJB to get the files from the JB3 to the powerbook and I have Flac Frontend to convert it, but I would like to know what other programs I will need. 

Garage Band?  That'll get things going until you're ready to go off the deep end!!!   

>:D

==========================
[Digital Performer....   Audio Desk on occassion...    Protools rarely....  ]

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.18 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com