Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: FCP help  (Read 1623 times)

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
FCP help
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:38:12 PM »
I've been using FCP for years now and I know I've run into this problem before but I can't seem to figure it out this time. I'm gonna try here before I goto one of the FCP boards.
I'm using a dual g5 2.7 with a gig of ram. The problem is this: whenever I put a clip onto the timeline, the audio needs rendering. I know this isn't how it should be. I went through all the preferences and the audio playback is on low(faster), so I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: FCP help
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
What type of video/source?  What version of FCP?

keytohwy

I've been using FCP for years now and I know I've run into this problem before but I can't seem to figure it out this time. I'm gonna try here before I goto one of the FCP boards.
I'm using a dual g5 2.7 with a gig of ram. The problem is this: whenever I put a clip onto the timeline, the audio needs rendering. I know this isn't how it should be. I went through all the preferences and the audio playback is on low(faster), so I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Offline taper420

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:33:17 PM »
The latest version of FCP... video source dv ntsc with 48khz 16bit pcm saved as .dv file on a firestore drive fed from a canon xl2. The sequence settings match the source. Since then I've been using a sony FX1 set to 1080i with a coresponding sequence setting. These were captured from tape, not the firedrive, and there is no problem with having to render the audio. So I think it has something to do with the firedrive.

Offline wilsonedits

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 10:51:58 PM »
The latest version of FCP... video source dv ntsc with 48khz 16bit pcm saved as .dv file on a firestore drive fed from a canon xl2. The sequence settings match the source. Since then I've been using a sony FX1 set to 1080i with a coresponding sequence setting. These were captured from tape, not the firedrive, and there is no problem with having to render the audio. So I think it has something to do with the firedrive.

i had a similiar problem along with all other stuff acting weird on me... I did something going into the source file and cleaning out some preferences.....it cleared everything up ... although I can't find the link ??? >:( .... if you haven't already look around the larryjordan or ken stone site... they have answers to pretty much anything
P2 yo

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com