Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack II Working CF cards  (Read 3419 times)

Offline rav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microtrack II Working CF cards
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED:

List from posts:

-Sandisk Ultra II 2Gb, 4Gb, 8 Gb
-Transcend 133x 16Gb
-AData 16 GB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As M-Audio have no list of working CF cards, this could be a good resource for microtrack users thinking about buying a new card if we post here the card we are using with success.

8 Gb Sandisk Ultra II - Working perfectly
16 Gb Transcend 133 x - Working perfectly

Best.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:08:45 AM by rav »

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Microtrack II Working CF cards
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »
So far have used a Sandisk 4 GB and AData 16 GB card.  Am leaving the 16 gig AData in and have been running it solo.  Will fit most anything that I'll be taping at 24/48.  Beats having to take the media in and out, risking damage.  My $.02
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Microtrack II Working CF cards
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »
I've recently used SanDisk "Ultra II" cards in 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB capacity. All have passed the MT II's built-in media testing with "96/24" results.

I had one lockup with the 4 GB card in some 50 hours of recording this past week, but the S/P-DIF stream from the (AC-powered) preamp/converter was being repeatedly interrupted by power brownouts at the time--so I don't particularly believe that this lockup was attributable to the card itself. Besides, I was using the 1.0.3 firmware and the notes for the latest version (1.0.4) claim to have fixed the lockup problem, or at least a lockup problem.

However, the experience convinced me to use the smallest-capacity card that is large enough for the recording I can reasonably expect to do at one time. In case there is another lockup, recovering the data from a smaller-capacity card would surely be a much more easily manageable task.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com