Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG CK77-WR wiring questions  (Read 2379 times)

Offline chk

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
AKG CK77-WR wiring questions
« on: August 18, 2018, 07:19:22 PM »
Greetings- i recently got some new old stock AKG CK77s (small lav mics). I am wondering if someone can answer some technical questions on these with respect to rewiring them.   

The main question is: do they need the 4.7k mod? I want to use them straight into the Sony M10.

Some background: These were sold in a few different configurations, low/high sensitivity, as well as phantom powered (C577).  Mine are the CK77 WR, which are designed to be run with 1.5-12v power and can handle 133dB max.  So the plan was to use them straight into my Sony m10.  I am wondering if they need the 4.7k mod (i don't need >133db handling), or if i can wire them straight into a 3.5mm TRS jack for stereo (each is currently wired to mini-XLR)? I saw a pair of CK77-3's that had been 4.7k modded here in YS recently, but those are the higher sensitivity model with 118db max SPL handling.

I know these are not very widely used in our circles, but wanted to see if someone would be kind enough to take a peek at the configuration and hopefully pass along some knowledge...

Specs are the following:
Type:Self-polarized dual-diaphragm condenser microphone
Sensitivity at 1000 Hz: 8 mV/Pa = -42 dBV
Equivalent noise level to DIN 45412 (A weighted): <26 dB-A
Signal/noise ratio: 68 dB
Impedance: <3.5 kΩ 
Recommended load impedance:≥10 kΩ
Max. SPL for 1% THD: 133dB
Supply voltage:1.5 TO 12v DC
Current consumption:<0.6 mA

Each one is currently wired to the mini-XLRF like this:
Pin1: blue + shield
Pin2: red
Pin3: jumper to pin 2

I have also attached some documentation from the manual in pics below, and also linked the manual (english starts on page 12 > https://www.akg.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_Harman/default/dwf9f9f472/pdfs/CK77wr_c577wr_manual.pdf). 

I hope someone can help, it's greatly appreciated.  Thank a lot, guys

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:48:51 PM by chk »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com